Galactic Command Echo Squad SE Public Demo Released!

Supreme Cmdr

The public demo has been released and should start appearing on mirror sites. No, we're not hosting it.

Until it shows up, you can view the read me file included with it so that you can best prepare. If your system does not meet with the game's minimum requiremens, don't bother. Seriously.

Any and all discussions (review, tech support, gameplay etc) related to this demo should be posted in this thread. Post it anywhere else - or create a new thread - and it will be deleted on sight.

Yes! Downloading. I can't wait! And just to note, Fileshack has the demo up. :) Now I just have to wait, and wait and wait. Hopefully my gosh awful satelite internet will stay stable and actually allow me to download this within the next hour or so. :)

Edit:

Got the demo, installed and have played a little. I'm about to go down onto Earth, started to print the tutorial out since it was starting to be a pain to flip back and forth from the CTRL+H and lo' and behold my printers out of black ink. Its one of those fancy ones where if I don't have all the ink, I don't get to print at all! (So, no fancy purple manual for me! :( ). I'll just have to continue flipping back and forth which will make it a lot more tedious I guess.

So, I have played a bit and I'm loving it, jump gates look bloody amazing, kindof mesmerizing to look at as I flew closer to them. The performance is nice, though I find parts of the interface are hard to see (mainly the square box that shows your target) at times, so I'm playing at 1024x768 so its a bit easier to see. I'm playing with the Xbox 360 controllers and I'm finding it quite nice, though I wish I could invert the left analog sticks y axis. I have a question about it though, you cannot switch targets while pressing the thrust, is this intentional?

And, whenever I target planets I get only part of it textured, I'll have the top and bottom textured and the middle instead of having any texture will be a nice band the same colour as the texture. If this hasn't come up before, I can post screenshots of it later. :)

I was waiting for the nice voice overs in the tutorial, waited and waited and didn't hear 'em! Was hopeing to. :) Over all however, I am loving it. Great success!

Any graphics issues you have are up to you, your graphics card and driver to resolve. Nothing I can do about it.

The demo does not have a voice narrative tutorial.

You cannot swap the axis on the controller.

And why would you be able to switch targets while pressing thrust? Its either one or the other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well it's ok but the performance is a little slower than of the regular UC, i think it's because you put more graphics in there and you didn't put any extra performance options in there to make it a little faster.

But overall its awesome, and it wouldn't kill you to mail all of us the full version. :D

Well it's ok but the performance is a little slower than of the regular UC, i think it's because you put more graphics in there and you didn't put any extra performance options in there to make it a little faster.

You simply can't be serious. Did you miss all the settings in Config? Unless you're trying to run the game on an PC/XT machine, the performance is just fine and we've had no complaints about it.

DUDE

It takes me 5 minutes just to get to the Menu because that Title takes so long to appear and fade away!

Not to mention the game cant go any lower than 800x640 mode and the fact that there is no quality option for like LOW-MEDIUM-HIGH.

I played the campaign, it was great but for me the start-up is laggish, maybe because i have 2.8gz or w/e its called. and 1158 megabytes of ram.

DUDE

It takes me 5 minutes just to get to the Menu because that Title takes so long to appear and fade away!

Not to mention the game cant go any lower than 800x640 mode and the fact that there is no quality option for like LOW-MEDIUM-HIGH.

I played the campaign, it was great but for me the start-up is laggish, maybe because i have 2.8gz or w/e its called. and 1158 megabytes of ram.

The issue is on your side, not the demos. I've played the demo numerous times and it takes a matter of seconds for it to load, not five minutes. Also there are various options that you can adjust for the settings to make it work better. And any lower than 800x600 in this day and age is incredible. I'd suggest you update your video, sound drivers, disable your anti-virus and do a virus scan. Your system is having issues.

• 1 month later...