GALACTIC COMMAND - KNIGHTBLADE ANNOUNCED!

Supreme Cmdr

Once again our advanced and proprietary AI comes into play as NPC crew members go about their own lives and duties aboard the KnightBlade. Walk into engineering and chat with that lovely female engineer or crash the bridge and get tossed out by your NPC commander. As in all our games, if you can think it, you can probably do it. Explore the ship, talk to other NPCs, engage in or evade a fight that breaks out in the Galley and get tossed in the Detention Hold by marines; the choice is yours to make.

Sounds great! Well finally get to walk inside the ship.

Those shots are pretty awesome too, pass on my congratulations to the chefs :rolleyes:

hehe, those shots are nothing. They aren't even properly lit yet and the character models are just placeholders from our existing 3D dB until the final ones are done. Like the carrier, we're building all the character models from scratch.

I'll release shots of the other ship levels as they become available.

This is going to rock!!

Ugh, there goes my freetime! I'm getting the kindof feeling that I got from watching the Wing Commander movie. While it wasn't a true representation of the series I do love the way the world was built within it, the tight corridors, the mis-mash of modern Naval vessel with futuristic space vessels just seemed so right and interesting to me. I do hope it continues to be as grand as it looks to be now. (I have no doubt -- Theres no other way but up from here! :). I cannot wait for the release and will be eagerly watching for more information. I'm not one to play first-person-shooters anymore, but I do believe that this will be an exception! :rolleyes:

Well, as a pilot, you won't be doing much in first person inside the carrier. Since you can only use pistols (like in our previous games), if the ship does get boarded and you get in the way, you're probably going to get killed because intruders don't bring pistols. They bring weapons of mass destruction. :rolleyes:

As a marine, you can engage or hide, since they won't be coming after you. But if you don't participate and they get to the bridge and take out the commander, its game over.

The way I'm developing it, the scenario can be played from either the pilot or marine perspective. Since they are individual scenarios, if you don't want to play as a marine, you don't have to. I wanted to blend in both gameplay types into one game and expend all resources into this game, rather than doing two (KnightBlade + Bravo Team) games. So now its only one.

I'm just looking forward to being part of an all out galley brawl. Since its going to be randomized, you won't kow when its going to start or why. It'll just happen. :)

No matter what, it looks amazing! I can't wait till it is released and the multi-player gets going, if its as far reaching as the single player with both the internal ships and external system to play it, a capture the flag type game or of that nature (even if role-played) would be not only refreshing but also I think entirely unique! The possibilities of being able to combine first person in ship action with space combat is just so extraordinary!

Oh look at me, all excited and I've got to wait more than a year for it. This isn't good for my attention span. ;)

Very very very nice news!

This is something we were expeting some time now.... the ability to see the ship from inside is something really intriguing.

I don't think anyone will be kicking Resnig around, since you're not the commander. You're either a combat pilot or marine. If anything, Resnig will be kicking your butt around the ship; especially if you're caught in areas you're not supposed to be in.

But yeah, Resnig is very much in the game....and running around loose on KnightBlade. God help us all. ;)

Now this is what I'm talking about!!! Finally, we can get revenge on those friggin intruders! ("cmon, try and take that shuttle now foo!")

Those shots look great Derek! Can't wait for 2009. Makes me wonder what you will have in store for 2010!

I love those interiors... (looks at his own interiors for a ship he made in Blender, realize's just how inaduquete he feels)

*sigh* still love them though, keep up the good work SC ;)

Excellent news: yet more starfighter space sim goodness.

As long as this is retail, I'll be able (and glad) to buy it!

Then you will have a long wait because digital distribution is our focus since it makes us more money than retail sales in which we have to chase down publishers to get paid.