project sylpheed PC?

starlord

Hi there, I've got news for us die hard space sim pc fans:

I've been in contact with duane colbert from microsoft in order to ask him for a possible PC port of the promising project sylpheed on X360 and interestingly, he said that if a sufficient number of voters manifested an interest in the PC port of the game, then game arts studio in japan might consider releasing a PC version.

I have made an official petition on the matter:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/psylpheedpc/

Please, spread the word (and voters, come to me LOL)

best regards.

The game is an X360 exclusive game (I hope this will come to change) from square enix narrating the struggle between 2 humain factions over the control of earth: The game proposes space combat (anime style) in a nice kind of way, and considering space sims are quite rare to find, I think (and I'm not alone) that it would be interesting if it could join with our PC games.

P.S: some project sylpheed videos exist on youtube.

First of all, the game is developed and published by Square-Enix. So it has nothing to do with Microsoft; let alone Duane. They have no say over it. Plus why would they - Xbox guys - care about a PC port? I mean, seriously.

Funny thing is that for Talon Elite (the console derivative version of Echo Squad SE) I've been working on a controller scheme which is a cross between Sylpheed and Ace Combat 6. I've got my work cut out for me since the game has to be 100% playable using just the console. :)

No: the game has been develloped by game arts (as well as some programmers in SETA) and published in japan by square enix. And game arts can be contacted directly by duane colbert.

Besides, I guess the best reason for this would be the ability to say hello to one more space sim on our PC's: We can't really say that the genre is numerous.

No: the game has been develloped by game arts (as well as some programmers in SETA) and published in japan by square enix. And game arts can be contacted directly by duane colbert.

I'm not sure what your point was, but my points still stand. Regardles of who developed it, the decision to do a PC port has nothing to do with duane, let alone Microsoft. If they thought that a PC version was even a viable investment, they [square-Enix] would have done it at the same time; given how close PC and XBox360 development environments are. The game is stupid simple (I checked out last night) and since it was developed first on the PC (a must, regardless of console target), if they wanted a PC title, it would have been a no-brainer to do.

Also, since Game Arts name, logo etc appear nowhere on *any* of the game's production materials, obviously Square-Enix hired them to develop it and thus own (look at p29 of the game manual) the rights to it. Back to what I said previously: Its up to Square-Enix. Not Bit Arts. Not Microsoft. Not Duane Colbert.

Actually, after contacting square enix, they said that the decision of making a PC port would be that of game arts to take. That's slightly confusing.

No, its not confusing. Its rubbish. Who did you talk to at Square-Enix? I know two people there, one of them is a producer.

Seriously? this might help me a lot! Could you possibly tell me who they are so I could discuss the matter with them?

On the other hand, the guy they gave me (responsible for project sylpheed in a way since I was patched to him) just told me what I said, which is why I bothered to go through duane colbert to contact game arts in the first place. Don't remember the name, though.