A Guide to Other Castes

Alright, so this game is at its best playing as one of the military castes--Earthcom, Military, Raiders, Insurgents, Police, et. cetera. But there are many, many other options available--like commercial, traders, scientists, explorers, and so on. What exactly do you do as one of them? Don't say whatever you want, because that's a given.

Alright, so this game is at its best playing as one of the military castes--Earthcom, Military, Raiders, Insurgents, Police, et. cetera. But there are many, many other options available--like commercial, traders, scientists, explorers, and so on. What exactly do you do as one of them? Don't say whatever you want, because that's a given.

I usually am an Insurgent. I just go around and shoot everyone. Friendly or not. I dont really care about fleet control since its useless and my rank since being payed doesnt help me much.

As an insurgent, i go around, nuking bases, shooting them, turreting them, then i go get repairs and then blue up that station. All i do is shoot around killing people, it gets amusin sometimes but then it just gets boring and i stop playing, nothing much to RP to since it doesnt get exciting, not to mention no one does multiplayer, which is kind of why i bought UCCE.

Also, as any race, when im attacked by fighters in the rear of my ship, i just go out in space with my gun and fly toward the fighters. I kill them in a matter of seconds with my little laser gun...It kinda sucks they dont shoot at you...I dont do ground missions at all actually.

Ivve been trying to get better but i cant, infantry combat stinks. I cant keep a straight aim, i die instantly which is in like 5 seconds after i get shot at, and the fact that the graphics are unreliable when im trying to view the enemy.

I tried doing an terran commercial flighter but it didnt work out, it wasnt my taste and it was boring...

I mean this game is great, and huge. But I guess what I'm wondering is, what do I do as a Scientist? Or an Explorer?

I dont know, use your imagination while you still have it. Im 13 and i lost it already. Due to the really single player mode intensity....

Explorer...Go to other systems, buy stuff from stations and sell it, i dont know, go visit planets and RP or something.

Scientist...Well..Im not sure, i think SC can give you a few ideas on that. But i find that using transports can get boring very quickly, which is why i can recommend using a carrier for fighters, oc, shuttle, and first person missions...

One thing ive never figured out was how to use naval units....was it just there for the computer or did it have a better purpose..

I dont know, use your imagination while you still have it. Im 13 and i lost it already. Due to the really single player mode intensity....

HEre's the point. UC is all about imagination. You don't need missions, nor anything else. Just use what's already in your hands..and in your head!

One thing ive never figured out was how to use naval units....was it just there for the computer or did it have a better purpose..

If I'm not mistaken, the plan was, originally, to let you pilot naval unit, but Derek scraped the idea for a reason (you should search the forum for 'naval units' or something, I'm sure it's in there).