Black Prophecy

• 2 years later...

Yup, I got a key in december, tried it but the beta was unstable to the point of being unplayable, so I gave it up. I should give it another go and be more useful :D

Still it looks great, but it's still very generic sadly.

• 4 weeks later...

I know I know, you're going to say why post, since I haven't checked it out.

But I won't because I don't like fighter games since the wing commander days, WC/freespace etc, stuff I enjoyed as a kid. I rather be the commander in charge of the crew...and walk the halls of my grand ship and say yo to them from time to time.

So chain yourself to your desk! GALCOM ONLINE!

Free to play huh?

Well i just bought star trek online from bestbuy for $10 so my priorities are shifting. I'll check it out this week and give my first impression.

Are you sure it's just fighters in-game? That type of system has been done to death. I dunno, it might get old fast unless they've added a twist.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,i've finally got around to playing it. I received the Beta key about a week or two ago. So far im level 8.

As far as the game goes, it's a beta. There are some minor bugs i experienced, like my weapons being locked or the voice acting being randomly cut off at times and there is some lag. Other than that, it seems fine as far it's been developed. The only thing i don't like is the leveling system. After the prologue missions (level 6ish) it starts getting more time consuming to level up, which is the only downside i feel there is.

Graphics can be a bit of a pain, make sure you have a good graphics card. I have to run them at near-lowest settings with minor lag. The combat system is good, trading module is decent, it sucks you can't buy yourself a new ship, only parts that are a certain level.

If you are going to play in the future, i recommend putting a few skill points into shields, weapons (preferrably energy) a few into the engines, and rest into Hull.

HP matters alot. Taking a mission or job 2 levels above you could be too much if you don't invest in hull.

I rate it an 8.2/10 all things considered.