Star Trek Online

STO is going to die within the year and go bankrupt. It's a crappy MMO.

Luckily i didnt pay for it :)

sto will not die in a year do not be rediculous.

sto is already in profit. it had a 15m production budget. times that by 500k-1m in sales. its already made back more than it cost to make.

then theres going to be at least a couple hundred k subs for a few months.

even if it falls off it'll have at least 100k dedicated fan boys. and it was designed to be sustainted by a population of 50k. (all this info from an interview with the owner)

star trek was designed to be an innovation or a good game, it was designed to be released, and to make money fast and shelve it. too bad paramount for the second time in a row gave it to an incompetent developer. who thinks cryptic is capable of doing something beyond the scope of COH or champions especially using the same damn engine.

sto at its peak had 60 people working on it. and a dev time of just about under 2 years.

and cryptic is developing 3 mmos at the time , champions, sto and another one to go beta later this year.

its shallow simple and lacks any depth. you cant even fly anywhere in space. only in shoe boxes they provide.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STO is going to die within the year and go bankrupt. It's a crappy MMO.

Luckily i didnt pay for it :)

sto will not die in a year do not be rediculous.

sto is already in profit. it had a 15m production budget. times that by 500k-1m in sales. its already made back more than it cost to make.

then theres going to be at least a couple hundred k subs for a few months.

even if it falls off it'll have at least 100k dedicated fan boys. and it was designed to be sustainted by a population of 50k. (all this info from an interview with the owner)

star trek was designed to be an innovation or a good game, it was designed to be released, and to make money fast and shelve it. too bad paramount for the second time in a row gave it to an incompetent developer. who thinks cryptic is capable of doing something beyond the scope of COH or champions especially using the same damn engine.

sto at its peak had 60 people working on it. and a dev time of just about under 2 years.

and cryptic is developing 3 mmos at the time , champions, sto and another one to go beta later this year.

its shallow simple and lacks any depth. you cant even fly anywhere in space. only in shoe boxes they provide.

My point is, i hope they go to hell for wasting space to create this topic about them, if they never released their shitty MMO, i wouldnt waste 2 minutes posting here everytime i have to.

I hope SCs MMO turns out better,which it probably will. I'd pay for that.