X3 - Terran Conflict

The graphics with the X series were always fairly impressive, but I never could quite get over the initial time investment needed to get anything done. I've been meaning to get X3 but just haven't found the time these days.

• 1 year later...

Well, I'd like to re-open this thread.

I've just bought a copy of X3TC, and let me tell you, this shit is so damn complicated and immerse. Over 200 sectors, countless ship types, and etc.And because it's so complicated, anyone who is going to actually play it, will not go outside for days.

As a matter of fact, it's meant to be played for months. Some players have been even playing it for a year. So yeah, it's a very time consuming game and i'm reading about 4 different guides just so i can understand the jist of things.

Eclipse is right about the time. If you don't have the time (or should i say, don't want to) to play it for a few hours, each or every other day, then it's not the game for you.

And as for it being there final tital, it's a maybe. They are currently developing TNBT (the next best thing) which could be something in the X series.

I still prefer UC over X3TC, mainly because UC is much easier to handle and you need more than common sense to play Terran Conflict.

Just my input.