Inbound Space Combat Games

• 4 weeks later...

Though Naumachia could be fine, I'd like if they'd hire some talented artist, at the moment they're relying on extruded boxes to make up for detailing on their ships.

Also, the bright, colorfoul nebulaes everywhere...It's getting old.

Though Naumachia could be fine, I'd like if they'd hire some talented artist, at the moment they're relying on extruded boxes to make up for detailing on their ships.

Also, the bright, colorfoul nebulaes everywhere...It's getting old.

Whats gettin old is the interfaces.

UCCE interface is about 2/5 of the screen, and it looks bland.

Naumachias or w/e just looks too simple, and with the things on there, it looks confusing with the pictures always flashing or changing. (The 3d is nice tho)

I just hope the game engine wont be too big....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Speaking of space sims, do we have any current info on the promising title knightblade? I certainly hope it's maintaned...

Unless 3000's preparing another single player space sim... a continuation of galcom echo would be a superb candidate...

I think their working on the MMO for now.

...But then again, it would be a first to release another game after completing an MMO.

Meh.

SC is going to probably post here, telling you to look at some forum or answer your question :/

Speaking of space sims, do we have any current info on the promising title knightblade? I certainly hope it's maintaned...

Unless 3000's preparing another single player space sim... a continuation of galcom echo would be a superb candidate...

KnightBlade - as a standalone title - was canceled and its feature set rolled into GCO. This is mentioned in the GCO faq.

There are no plans to do any new games after GCO. It is our last game. I thought that was made clear already in several places. I guess not.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, what a pity! This means that galcom echo squad will never get expanded with additionnal episodes? I was placing so much faith in this title, not to mention knightblade...

IMO the franchise barely started to truly penetrate the dedicated space/planetary sim area with compelling single player stories. I think that to end all this promising franchise with GCO would be a pity (Of course, that's my opinion only)...

couldn't at least GCO have single player options?

GCO is an MMO, so no single-player storyline exists - though of course as with all our games, you can pretty much make your own adventures if you want depending on how you play the game.

Additional DLC campaign storyline campaigns were planned for Echo Squad SE but in the end the cost of making them (due to the voice over recording and such), just didn't justify the expense. Apart from that, the tech is pretty old and there is seemingly no point to extending the game that way.

I have no desire to make stand alone games tbh. I always planned for an MMO to be my final game, so thats what we're doing atm and is primarily the reason that I can terminated KnightBlade. The latter would have taken too long to do and would have been a major financial risk that I simply didn't want to undertake. So once AAW/AOA were done, I decided to just bite the bullet and move forward with GCO.

I guess it's probably mostly the "last game" announcement that I find chilling! After all, the battlecruiser franchise is quite old already, so I guess that since it was so conforting to a player interested in space combat games today I kind of expected it to continue indefinately!

Oh well, we'll just have to bite the bullet and destroy the gammulans planet by planet using fighters in universal combat CE!

Thanks for the information commander, merry christmas to you!