Battlecruiser Player needs some tips regarding UCCE

Hi there,

first of all: I bought Battlecruiser Millenium Edition some years ago and played it very often. I then began my carrier at the university to make my master and the time left...

Now as I finished my master and have a credit card I just wanted to ask some questions regarding UCCE I found within BCME:

1. When I start a carrier other than Millitary Commander, are I able to get a Carrier (i.e. buying, capture, build by myself,...?).

2. It's very stupid you'd think, but I liked to play off-the-scratch. So I transfered all my crew, and all assets without the CC and 1 shuttle and all minings to a planet surface and fired an orbit-planet missle to it. Then I made a crash landing on moon, got out my mining crafts and began to make money. From the money I was able to get food, and all items to repair my craft. As the carrier was done I could say "Thats MY work ;-)). OK. Now the question: Are I able to buy or build all the assets on my own after destroying them?

I know, it's not planned to play such ways, but I like it to imagine I'll be an free explorer with an carrier.

3. Am I able to change my CC? Can I sell it or buy another one? What will happen if it will be destroyed?

4. Is it real, that no further version of UC will be published? Please no!

Thanks in advance for all regards.

PS: Please forgive my bad english; normally I speak german.

Hi gnome.gemini!

I'll try to answer your questions for you.

1. When I start a carrier other than Millitary Commander, are I able to get a Carrier (i.e. buying, capture, build by myself,...?).

It depends upon the caste that you select. For example, a Scientist caste doesn't allow you to pick a CC asset, only transport assets.

Now the question: Are I able to buy or build all the assets on my own after destroying them?

If you destroy the shuttles and fighters that were on your ship, you can buy them at a starstation as well as any repair parts and personnel you need.

3. Am I able to change my CC? Can I sell it or buy another one? What will happen if it will be destroyed?

You cannot change your CC once you are in-game. The only way you can change carriers is the restart the game and select your CC asset before starting. If your CC is destroyed, it's pretty much game over for you.

-Sho