A crumbling tower

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Personally, I think the 360 is simply too saturated in the market to fail, at this point. The fact is that gaming has become akin to CSI and Law and Order spinoffs - people will still go after the next Grand Theft Auto incarnation. And, the fact is, more people own Xbox 360s due to Microsoft's market penetration.

Besides, that article was written with such an apparent bias. The author clearly sees Metal Gear and Killzone as system-defining series' all the while dismissing Gears of War and Halo. He even said, "Gears of War 2 looks great, but Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 look just as good in terms of scale, graphics, and online play.". Okay, so it is JUST AS GOOD OF A GAME. And, THAT GAME IS ON THE SYSTEM THAT IS LEADING THE MARKET.

WHY would you present that as an UNDERDOG situation when, clearly, that game stands to make WAY MORE MONEY?

And his assertion that "the fact remains that most gamers think the hardware is untrustworthy" is ANECDOTAL AT BEST. It's funny how his "FACT" statement is linked to a discussion forum, and not something that actually proves this "fact".

While I agree that most people are wary of the 360s hardware issues, I also believe that most people are aware that Microsoft has extended its warranty to cover such issues. Futhermore, I believe that the PS3 is NATURALLY going to sell better than the XBOX as this point in time due to the simple fact that there are more people to sell a PS3 to than there is an XBOX to. Such is a common phenomenon when two competing products vie for sales and one is ALREADY in the households of more potential customers.

Heh, its not even that im a shill for Microsoft ... I'm not even a 360 owner. Not interested. I just hate it when people write articles presented as semi-factual even though they have a clear axe to grind.

Actually, I do think that falling to #2 is possible, but not in the near future in this economy. I just don't see consumers (especially parents) shelling out the dough this holiday season for much in the way of new hardware at all. And the ones that do I think will lean toward the more attractive price point of a 360.

• 3 weeks later...

Eh, I've owned all three and the only thing I use my PS3 for is blu-ray movies. The gaming situation is horrible, most online games work better on the 360, the 360 comes with a headset so I can actually talk with my friends, the 360 matchmaking is easier, and so many other things I could name. Most PS3 games are average, and none are really 'system sellers' unless you are an absolute fan of the series (MGS4). MGS4 wasn't even a game as far as I was concerned... just an interactive movie. For every hour of gameplay I had the controller sitting in my lap for 45 minutes watching a movie. Then it'd give me 30 seconds of gameplay and then play another 15 minute movie. The two games I've enjoyed on the PS3: Warhawk, and Uncharted. Otherwise the situation has been pretty lame.

Where is Sony's "Home"? Isn't it 2-3 years late now? Where are Sony's system sellers? White Knight Chronicles?

Sony is taking so long to get their act together, that by the time they do surpass the 360 we'll have the XBox 720 with Indigo-Ray drive that can play Blu-Ray, HDDVD, LaserDisc, and 8Track tapes via a hologram loader.

The 'free' PSN isn't comparable to XBL in terms of what you get. Right now the 360 feels like the more complete experience for gaming. PS3 for movies. Wii for Mario/Zelda/Metroid fans.

• 3 weeks later...
Eh, I've owned all three and the only thing I use my PS3 for is blu-ray movies. The gaming situation is horrible, most online games work better on the 360, the 360 comes with a headset so I can actually talk with my friends, the 360 matchmaking is easier, and so many other things I could name. Most PS3 games are average, and none are really 'system sellers' unless you are an absolute fan of the series (MGS4). MGS4 wasn't even a game as far as I was concerned... just an interactive movie. For every hour of gameplay I had the controller sitting in my lap for 45 minutes watching a movie. Then it'd give me 30 seconds of gameplay and then play another 15 minute movie. The two games I've enjoyed on the PS3: Warhawk, and Uncharted. Otherwise the situation has been pretty lame.

Where is Sony's "Home"? Isn't it 2-3 years late now? Where are Sony's system sellers? White Knight Chronicles?

Sony is taking so long to get their act together, that by the time they do surpass the 360 we'll have the XBox 720 with Indigo-Ray drive that can play Blu-Ray, HDDVD, LaserDisc, and 8Track tapes via a hologram loader.

The 'free' PSN isn't comparable to XBL in terms of what you get. Right now the 360 feels like the more complete experience for gaming. PS3 for movies. Wii for Mario/Zelda/Metroid fans.

The most dramatic difference between XBL and PSN is, PSN doesn't cost Fifty bucks a year.

I have never seen any lag on PSN. As opposed to the XBL lag fests.

Sony Home is in open Beta now and it blows X-junk outta da water with it's mere potential.

Microsoft screwed the pooch with XBL and their theft of Wii Mii's.

XBox hardware is well, garbage. I know. We had two of the bloody things and They spent more time traveling in a coffin from my home to Texas than they did in my home. Traded both of them in and acquired PS3s.

PS3 offers full HDMI . Something Xjunk owners will never see.

As for PS3 games... You must remember that Sony doesn't develop games.

I digress, People will buy what they want. If they are like me, they won't keep junk hardware. They won't pay $50.00 a year for lagfest gaming. They will buy a PS3

As for me, I just don't like online gaming. There's too much of people playing to win the "game". attempting to find and use exploits and such. I tend to go for a far more immersive experience.

Heh, to compete I'd rather do it on a real athletic field to begin with. :)