General Customer Support

Malakie-USN

This forum descriptor says general customer support so that is why I posted this message here instead of elsewhere.

A day or so ago I posted an issue (in the UCCE tech support forum) when installing the latest patch... and apparently it was deleted. First, I do not appreciate it when that happens and there is no reason given. I have very limited time and access to the internet where I am currently located and wasting my time looking for any advice or information regarding the issue I had became a big waste of time for the limited access I had because it was just deleted.... No reason, no reply. Just gone. I could have better spent this time talking to family instead of wasting it not knowing my valuable access time would be treated with no more importance than an annoyance.

With no reason given, the post was deleted. I am not some 12 year old kid. I am 45 years old. If I responded or treated anyone in my unit or ignored or 'deleted' a message to me no matter how trivial it may seem, people would probably not make it home. Sure this is just software and a game to you and I understand you want to control things. But just maybe it is also an escape for some of us from the reality we are facing everyday right now in a place you can only imagine. So when we have an issue, it affects our ability to relax and escape if even for a short time.

Having been a customer from day one and being one that only posts when absolutely necessary, I do not like being treated like a child or insulted when my intent was to simply inform and bring to attention an issue. My post was clear and concise in exactly what the problem was AND I posted how I was able to restore the function and use of the game for the purpose of helping anyone else who might run across this issue.

I do not care if I am the only one seeing some problems with the current patch and although I have seen other posts about the latest patch I am not worried about them. I am looking only for a resolution to the issue or suggestion about what may cause it because I tried everything I could think of for MY issue I came across... And no matter whether it is something I did wrong or something wrong in the patch/software etc. Even that does not matter. Customers still deserve to be treated with some intelligence and dignity when they buy and support a product and developer and are simply trying to find an answer to a problem.

Obviously this not being the tech support forum, I am not going to repeat what the issue was nor the resolution I did use to be able to continue using the software until I could get some help or suggestions.

My profile is up to date. The information I posted was clear and contained all information so for what reason it was deleted?! At the very least, it would have been nice to know that.

I am sure you can tell I am a bit irritated by this and instead of this post being off offhandedly deleted as well, I would at least appreciate an answer to my comments. I do not hold anger or grudges and I will get over this incident. But I also know being treated with some respect can and will go a lot farther than what happened this time. I have way to much more to worry about here than this. Yet I felt very disrespected by what occurred and for someone like me, honor is something one stands up for no matter how big or small the issue may be.

My time on air is almost gone... .I hope I did not waste it again by writing an honest letter and hoping for a reasonable answer.

I will not be able to check back until Wednesday night your time, Thursday day where I am located right now as I will be , shall we say, on patrol and will not return from that until then.

Sincerely,

Malakie-USN

(Todd :wtf:

I never saw your post nor delete it, but I'll just point out this two links that may be of help and explain it a bit until someone else can give another answer.

http://www.3000ad.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50026541

http://www.3000ad.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50002613

This forum descriptor says general customer support so that is why I posted this message here instead of elsewhere.

A day or so ago I posted an issue (in the UCCE tech support forum) when installing the latest patch... and apparently it was deleted. First, I do not appreciate it when that happens and there is no reason given.

I deleted your thread. And no, I do not have give you a reason for doing so, nor do I owe you - or anyone - any such explanation. Regardless of tenure, rules are rules. You KNOW this to be true. So much so in fact that you ought to know better.

We don't delete posts and threads for no reason. Why else do you think there ARE in fact other posts still here and not deleted? Why didn't I delete both recent tech support posts by Ouch? Think about that for a minute.