Free Version *tips & Tricks*

Cougar

• 3 weeks later...

so, I hate not knowing where to post things in a forum, but this seems to be the only place to post my request.

I love the BC games and now UC is just as good. HOWEVER: (I know this sounds like a needy child begging but really) where are the star wars mods?!!? from what I've been reading there is no feasible way in this galactic solar system to mod the game (free version mind you). Seems Galcom has become scared of the Gammulan fleet again and kept the tools locked away >.> I'd love to go out and buy this but without any way to mod the game to taste later on (maybe out of boredom, or just to add a little flavor to the game?) I don't see a point in buying it.

Like I said, I may be sounding like a needy kid right now but I don't see the point in releasing a Freeware game without any way to tinker with it.

(no offense ment ^.^)

The explication is simpler that one may thought and the SC may confirmi my word or give the real reason if I'm wrong.... but the game has been released for free at the end of its business life. Without any change to the one retail version.

There have been updates and a major graphic update to the game but nothing in the way it is programmed and constructed has changed.

The retail game is not moddalble, so the free version is not.

Well there is the GBS system to create your own missions, and you could replace the assets. However systems can't be modified*.

* This is with UC, BC3k 1/2 the modification tools will allow you to do a lot more than with UC/BCM etc. Though I must say I haven't delved into them.

I've tried to look for some things that could potentially mod this, but it seems the things that I am wanting to do cannot be done with the GBS. Alas...we may never see the day when one can "tweak" the game to suit ones own preferences. Still an amazing game and a wonderful experience (even if the Gammulan fleet can decimate the universe in months ^.^)