Bethesda Rant

Sturryz

I have a bone to pick with Bethesda Softworks, They make big, massive open world games. but they neglect to fix ANYTHING!

Even now Oblivion has issues saving settings to the INI, common cases of corrupted game saves. and the game crashes ALL THE TIME (this is excluding many upon many gameplay glitches and bugs).

They Make a Game, Throw it out Half Finished and they might fix just a few bugs in patches. but they usually create bigger problems. (they introduced a bug that makes chat scripts broken in the latest edition of their editor and have completely neglected to fix it out of laziness)

I'm not saying their games are even that good. with broken RPG elements, whacked out combat, completely useless third person view

and the weirdest emotion models EVER!

Fallout 3 STILL suffers from common crashes not unlike Oblivion. only two patches have come out and barely fixed much.

the only positive point i give them is their modding tools. their pretty good, considering the community ends up fixing most of the problems this lazy company refuses to touch on ( too busy counting their money and not doing anything but sitting around watching Leave it to Beaver reruns all day i guess)

maybe one day Bethesda will learn that no one wants to play Super Buggy RPG 3000, but most likely not before judgement day.

it's sad to see the fans who support these guys get F-ed up the ass every time, but atleast there are other things to do other then play their games, like become emo and cut yourself to death. or you can play "Who Can Outrun the Hippo At The Zoo?".

but for now Bethesda will make money off of selling the beta versions of their products.

I got oblivion upon exit and it indeed had flaws that caused crashes and such but after I applied the patches that were out, I was able to finish my playing time doing everything possibile with the original game and the expansion too.

I didn't got so many problems with this and I installed a few mods too.

I got oblivion upon exit and it indeed had flaws that caused crashes and such but after I applied the patches that were out, I was able to finish my playing time doing everything possibile with the original game and the expansion too.

I didn't got so many problems with this and I installed a few mods too.

yes, forgot all about the DLC thing (installing Fallout 3 DLC is more painful then self decapitation)

and i am glad your playing experience wasn't as near mangled as others.

I have'nt had too many problems with either Fallout 3 or Oblivion. And once I installed the patches hardly no problems at all. (rare crash once in awhile) And while there are a few design issues and things I would like to see done better, I really can't complain and have had hours and hours of enjoyable gameplay.

One of the biggest selling points for me are the big open worlds they have. In fact, after becoming an avid 3000ad fan years and years ago, I'm kinda spoiled now. I just can't get into games that involve hand holding and where you are forced to go a certain path with limited options. So these are the kinda games I really look forward to. (besides being an avid simmer, online racing, flight sims, space sims, ect.)

Guess I'm a loyal Bethesda fan.