A Few Questions I Need Answered.

canshow

Hey, i have a few questions about UCCE that can hopefully be answered by an experienced player or SC.

1. When i destroy a ship in a range of 1000m, why does the shrapnel/explosion sometimes penetrate my shield and damage my hull and some internal systems?

2.Other than an artifact or an officer telling you, is there any other possible way to detect cloaked ships?

3.What's the limit to the # of intruders at the same time?

4.Any way i can prevent intruders, or atleast decrease the odds of them boarding my ship?

5.Is it, if its even possible,and how, to have guests or other non-combat personell transported into my ship in roam mode?

6.And can artifacts be destroyed by NPCs? Well, this is a two part question. A. Can NPCs kill other ships in other systems when im not in it, or any of my probes? And if it is possible, can artifacts be permeanently destroyed if an NPC or i, would fire on a cargo pod?

thanks for answering, even if some of these questions seem a little stupid.

EDIT: More questions. Scroll down to the bottom.

Hey, i have a few questions about UCCE that can hopefully be answered by an experienced player or SC.

1. When i destroy a ship in a range of 1000m, why does the shrapnel/explosion sometimes penetrate my shield and damage my hull and some internal systems?

1km isn't that great of a distance (heck! you're actually sticking to his 6), so yes, you will take damage from the debris. Now, are you sure you took armor damage? The shield should have taken it all.

2.Other than an artifact or an officer telling you, is there any other possible way to detect cloaked ships?

Cloaked ships will briefly decloak when firing, be it main guns fire, missile launches or PTA fire. You will be able to detect it then, and if you're quick enough you can even add it to the...oh wait, I'll let you find it out on your own. ;)

3.What's the limit to the # of intruders at the same time?
I'm not sure there's any, but it can skyrocket quite fast.

4.Any way i can prevent intruders, or atleast decrease the odds of them boarding my ship?
Intruders can only board you if they know you're out there.

5.Is it, if its even possible,and how, to have guests or other non-combat personell transported into my ship in roam mode?

Personnel other than intruder only beam into your ship in ACM mode.

6.And can artifacts be destroyed by NPCs? Well, this is a two part question. A. Can NPCs kill other ships in other systems when im not in it, or any of my probes? And if it is possible, can artifacts be permeanently destroyed if an NPC or i, would fire on a cargo pod?

Yes and yes. Actually, whenever you enter a zone, you activate it: the game will now track all that's happening in it, and will spawn ships etc. The more regions you get through (activate), the more of a stress on the CPU though. Now, I'm not dumb enough to fire at a cargo pod containing artifacts or let anyone near it, but I guess it's definitely something that could happen.

1km isn't that great of a distance (heck! you're actually sticking to his 6), so yes, you will take damage from the debris. Now, are you sure you took armor damage? The shield should have taken it all.

Im pretty sure, it happens rarely, but my shield takes most of the damage, and somehow the rest gets to my hull sometimes, and usually damages my reactor.

EDIT:

revised sentence

It happens. The computer tells me the hull took damage, and my hull percentage is dropped to 99 or 98. Its weird, but i dont like the shrapnel damaging my hull components.

• 5 months later...
Too bad i cant shoot very deadly shrapnel at my enemies. :/

Sure you can (at least, you can in UCAWA). In fact, you can shoot the exact same deadly shrapnel they shoot at you when they explode.

(This works in UCAWA. Not sure about UCCE, which I don't have. The below is an extremely risky maneuver, so be sure to save first!)

1. Get the enemy into range -- the closer the better. Given that the AI may not like a 1 km approach, you might have to chase them. Ideally, you'd want to be really close and them on an approach vector. So long as they aren't escaping from your range too quickly, the shrapnel should hit.

2. Press CTRL-ALT-E, then quickly type "Y".

Your enemy should now be peppered by high-speed deadly shrapnel shot from your ship. And don't say I didn't warn you to save first!!!

:D;);)

/Wot? You read the manual and know what that command sequence does and refuse to execute it? Pifflesticks!

Yeah, I have a really evil sense of humor some days. :D

I wonder if we had any wannabe Darwin Award winners who tried it...without saving.

lol i know right.

I didnt try it.

Mainly because i don't want to waste time crashing UCCE when i bother to save.

Edit: Well it does crash for me occasionally and im just not going to right now >_<

• 9 months later...

Alright. I have some more questions so i'm gonna just gonna open up this topic again, rather than make a new one.

Again, these questions may be a little stupid, and some will sound like statements.

1.) I'm constantly recieving damage to my systems on my CC on Deck 1. I only have fuel minerals, and 20 of each repair mineral. No intruders, and no other damage is present. But my Navitron Computer and Bridge always appear to be damaged at 100%, and i find all my engineers assigned to repair NOTHING when they should be repairing my other assets. And once in a while my navitron computer is damaged to 50%. Any cause or inquries as to why this is happening?

Which leads me to Q2

2.) Sometimes parts of my FCs (FCs only) are damaged to yellow or green color. I go ahead and repair the systems, but i notice they don't require any tools or anything to repair them with (even though i have them). I go and place all my S.E's on the task. I check logistix a minute later, and the system is still damaged. Repairs are still at 0%, and all my system engineers are getting drunk in engineering. Again, what might be the problem? Again, no intruders, no pew-pew going outside. It's this way even if i assign station engineers to it. This has happened several times over many saves.

3.) I read something in the forums about volatile minerals and how there's a section in the manual about it. I cannot seem to find it. I've looked in the BCM and BC3K manuals and my UCCE manual but there's nothing there about it. Can someone refer me to something about it? I've used the search button carefully, so please, don't act like im sticking some C-4 on it.

4) Does fatigue happen faster if my officers are saying something on the comms? It always seems my TO is high on FF after i launch alot of missiles or when she has to say stuff. (Being general. )

5.) I read something about intruders and transporter codes. If i turn off my transporter, will the probability of intruders being able to get in my ship decrease?

6.) Do the missiles go for the aft part of the target? Because when i launch missiles at the enemy's side, they usually just curve around and have to make another trip or two to hit the target.

7.) Erm, just some curiosity here, but why do STS-Vagrants do more damage to a space station than to an ODS system? They do more than 10k on the station, but barely 5k on an ODS. (Full payload of 20 missiles on each) Does it have to do with the shrapnel released?

8.) Hehe, im asking for it with this queston. What minerals combine to make an ultimateexplosion.gif?

9.) Are all marine types equally effective when fighting intruders?

10.) How damaged must a cargo hold be for it to release all of it's cargo, or most of it? (and don't say 0%)

11.) Trade ships replenish a star stations supply of missiles and minerals, correct? If not, then how? It looks like the credian quadrant is going to run out of STS missiles soon.

12.) How exactly do infectious diseases occur in my CC? Is it from contact with alien planets? I certainly hope that is the case, i do not wish any hanky-panky going on with my marines

13.) Am i prone to get targeted by more ships if i carry valuable cargo like artifacts?

14.) Is there ANYTHING i can download to improve Resnig's AI? Maybe a long forgotten file or something? A leak from Area 51? Anything?

15.) Has anyone else experienced the satisfaction of killing your entire crew down on a planet?

I'm only going to answer those I have some knowledge of.

1) I really have no clue about your problems. I often get damage to my decks when firefights erupt inside the CC, same goes when an intruder boards a FC/SC/OC and my marines try to take him out. Other than that, I've never had random damage for no reason.

2) From my own experience, there are a couple reasons why engineers won't do their job, namely radiations spreading all over the ship (in which case they'll get contaminated and rush to the medibay) or damaged life system systems. If one of the places they have to work in or travel through is linked to a damaged life system (I think there's something in the manual about what deck/room is linked with either the primary or auxiliary life support system), they wont be able to get there.

4) If I recall correctly, personnel tire faster when they have to do stuff, so I guess that applies to talking too.

5) The only way I know of to prevent intruders from boarding your ship is cloaking. If they can't target your ship, they can't board it. If they can target you, thye can board you. All that transporter codes seems just like RP stuff with no gameplay grounds.

6) I think missiles indeed go for the aft.

7) I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that missiles can explode both with direct impacts and when the target gets within the blast radius. Basically, the closer you are to the missile when it explodes, the more damage it deals. So a small target such as a fighter or ODS would rarely get hit directly, thus only a portion of the blast energy would affect them. Starstations are huge, the missile just can't miss, so it's always direct hits.

12) Personel get diseased when you beam them down on planets. I even got diseased personel on Earth. I'm not sure they spread their diseases to others once back on board, I always send them straight to the medibay.

15) Yes. With R.A.N.D.O.M ;)

Alright. I have some more questions so i'm gonna just gonna open up this topic again, rather than make a new one.

Again, these questions may be a little stupid, and some will sound like statements.

1.) I'm constantly recieving damage to my systems on my CC on Deck 1. I only have fuel minerals, and 20 of each repair mineral. No intruders, and no other damage is present. But my Navitron Computer and Bridge always appear to be damaged at 100%, and i find all my engineers assigned to repair NOTHING when they should be repairing my other assets. And once in a while my navitron computer is damaged to 50%. Any cause or inquries as to why this is happening?

Which leads me to Q2

2.) Sometimes parts of my FCs (FCs only) are damaged to yellow or green color. I go ahead and repair the systems, but i notice they don't require any tools or anything to repair them with (even though i have them). I go and place all my S.E's on the task. I check logistix a minute later, and the system is still damaged. Repairs are still at 0%, and all my system engineers are getting drunk in engineering. Again, what might be the problem? Again, no intruders, no pew-pew going outside. It's this way even if i assign station engineers to it. This has happened several times over many saves.

3.) I read something in the forums about volatile minerals and how there's a section in the manual about it. I cannot seem to find it. I've looked in the BCM and BC3K manuals and my UCCE manual but there's nothing there about it. Can someone refer me to something about it? I've used the search button carefully, so please, don't act like im sticking some C-4 on it.

4) Does fatigue happen faster if my officers are saying something on the comms? It always seems my TO is high on FF after i launch alot of missiles or when she has to say stuff. (Being general. )

5.) I read something about intruders and transporter codes. If i turn off my transporter, will the probability of intruders being able to get in my ship decrease?

6.) Do the missiles go for the aft part of the target? Because when i launch missiles at the enemy's side, they usually just curve around and have to make another trip or two to hit the target.

7.) Erm, just some curiosity here, but why do STS-Vagrants do more damage to a space station than to an ODS system? They do more than 10k on the station, but barely 5k on an ODS. (Full payload of 20 missiles on each) Does it have to do with the shrapnel released?

8.) Hehe, im asking for it with this queston. What minerals combine to make an ultimateexplosion.gif?

9.) Are all marine types equally effective when fighting intruders?

10.) How damaged must a cargo hold be for it to release all of it's cargo, or most of it? (and don't say 0%)

11.) Trade ships replenish a star stations supply of missiles and minerals, correct? If not, then how? It looks like the credian quadrant is going to run out of STS missiles soon.

12.) How exactly do infectious diseases occur in my CC? Is it from contact with alien planets? I certainly hope that is the case, i do not wish any hanky-panky going on with my marines

13.) Am i prone to get targeted by more ships if i carry valuable cargo like artifacts?

14.) Is there ANYTHING i can download to improve Resnig's AI? Maybe a long forgotten file or something? A leak from Area 51? Anything?

15.) Has anyone else experienced the satisfaction of killing your entire crew down on a planet?

5 Only way to stop em is going into hyperspace or cloaking.

7 Perhaps the ODS presents a small enough target that some missiles missed?

10 Just for kicks and giggles. 0%.

12 RT is correct, beaming down on a planet can infect your crew with radiation or diseases. They can spread if you let them stay on your ship, usually its best to send them straight to the medbay and fix em up. Radiation I have no clue as to whether or not it can spread, but disease certainly can.

14 Beam him down to a planet and drop a OTS on him. It'll bump his AI up to 20ish. ;)

15 No but I've had marines destroy my entire away team with rockets....

1) I really have no clue about your problems. I often get damage to my decks when firefights erupt inside the CC, same goes when an intruder boards a FC/SC/OC and my marines try to take him out. Other than that, I've never had random damage for no reason.

No, i mean, there is nothing going on. No firefights of any kind, shields aren't taking damage, nothing. But Navitron, Bridge, and Main Computer always get damaged to either 99% or 100%. When its 100%, it takes a couple of minutes to fix, but it doesn't require anything to fix it with except my engineers. All of them are auto-assigned to "fixing" those systems, and it annoys me when i have fighters to repair.

2) From my own experience, there are a couple reasons why engineers won't do their job, namely radiations spreading all over the ship (in which case they'll get contaminated and rush to the medibay) or damaged life system systems. If one of the places they have to work in or travel through is linked to a damaged life system (I think there's something in the manual about what deck/room is linked with either the primary or auxiliary life support system), they wont be able to get there.

Like i said, there is nothing wrong. No radiation, no intruders, no illnesses or disease, no ship-to-ship combat or me recieving any damage. The System Engineers just don't work on it. The system im repairing usually doesn't cost a repair kit, no matter if its at 72% or 99% health. I assign the engineers, and they don't do anything. It only works to repair it successfully is if that system gets damaged again.

No, i mean, there is nothing going on. No firefights of any kind, shields aren't taking damage, nothing. But Navitron, Bridge, and Main Computer always get damaged to either 99% or 100%. When its 100%, it takes a couple of minutes to fix, but it doesn't require anything to fix it with except my engineers. All of them are auto-assigned to "fixing" those systems, and it annoys me when i have fighters to repair.

Like i said, there is nothing wrong. No radiation, no intruders, no illnesses or disease, no ship-to-ship combat or me recieving any damage. The System Engineers just don't work on it. The system im repairing usually doesn't cost a repair kit, no matter if its at 72% or 99% health. I assign the engineers, and they don't do anything. It only works to repair it successfully is if that system gets damaged again.

Will it let you replace the components instead of repairing them?