Notes From A Galciv2 Player

Snarkotamus

I have a number of games on my regular "rotation". UCCE, KOTOR, C&C3, and Galciv2 keep me occupied quite nicely. I was very close to coming out of the Galciv2 phase for a while when the massive server failure hit Stardock. Since the server I use to post GC2 scores is also down, I have spent a fair amount of time perusing the Demigod forums. In my opinion, Stardock is in a world of hurt right now. The WOW/DoTA crowd has it's own "unique" culture, and I can't help but wonder whether it is worth the trouble for a smallish game developer to target this particular demographic. Time will tell, but my impression as a first-hand witness to the events of late is that Stardock probably strayed a little too far from their comfort zone on this one.

This situation may or may not result in some other GC2 players showing some renewed interest in 3000AD. I have mentioned UCCE a couple of times, and someone (not me) started a "Brad Wardell vs Derek Smart" thread in one of the forums. I posted a subtle warning in said thread regarding the fate of trolls on this site, so hopefully you will not be seeing any of those.

Now that I have replicated my lost mod, am off for a long-overdue UCCE marathon! I can't wait to ease my massive weapons-laden cloaked ship up next to some unsuspecting hostiles and turn on all the turrets. Hehe. It don't get much better than that. I'm going to try the "steal a fighter from the ground" trick this time around also. Sheer brilliance, I tell you, sheer brilliance.