Universal Combat Collectors Edition V2.0 Upgrade

Supreme Cmdr

Seeing that UCCE is the last of its kind - ever - in November 2008 we decided to update the graphics & Frontend engines as well as some game assets used in Galactic Command Echo Squad SE.

The upgrade patch is now finished and has been uploaded to various mirrors. Links will be posted when they are online.

This v2.0 upgrade will require an installed version of the original UCCE v1.x game as it will completely replace a ton of files. This is a one way operation and once you've done it, there is no going back without completely uninstalling, deleting the game folder and re-installing your original game version.

You can read the VCF which is now online to see what is new. If you have Echo Squad SE, then you already know what you expect graphics wise.

No additional features, scenarios or whatever have been or will be added. What you see in the VCF is exactly what is in the upcoming release. There is no multiplayer available and there won't be.

THIS IS NOT A MANDATORY RELEASE AND WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE VIA THE IN-GAME UPDATER

Unlike those other guys, this major upgrade to the original UCCE released in Dec 2007, will be FREE OF CHARGE to all owners of any version of UCCE. If you are looking to purchase a boxed DVD-ROM copy of the game, you pick them up directly from BMT Micro or any retailer currently stocking them. The ESD version is also available from Direct2Drive, Gamer's Gate, Digital River etc - but you won't get any of the printed materials or the cool map that BMT Micro is giving way with each DVD-ROM copy. Check our storefront for the links.

The full stand-alone v2.0 will also be available for sale only directly from us for $29.95 and the link will be up in the coming days.

• 4 months later...

Hello there,

I am going to buy UCCE retail box version directly from 3000ad.

My question is:

Will I have the opportunity to upgrade my version to the graphic enhancement ov the V2.0 ?

I'd like to get the manual, map and all other stuff coming with the box, but I'd like to play with

the better graphic above all...

thanks for help

Yes. If you bought the boxed version of the original release, you can upgrade it to v2.0. But its a one-way thing. Meaning that once you upgrade it, there is no going back without a re-install.

Plus v2.0 has no multiplayer.

If you want multiplayer, then you have to buy both v1 and the stand-alone v2. That gives you two separate versions and installs. In which case you might as well get Space Bundle 1.

• 9 months later...

SC

Can you post some mirrors to the most recent 2.0 version for the CD-ROM? Or atleast give me them through a message?

These links are broken (except for atomic mirror, but the waiting time is pure communism)

The patch i got from http://www.fileradar.net/games/view/Universal-Combat/3101 for CD-ROM is very weird. I can't assign crew to shuttles, graphics are a little wonko when im accessing the in-ship menus, and there is some delay when im trying to do a handfull of things with the menu items with the Engstrom. Not to mention crashing when i try to click on the commlink menu and a handful of other abnormalities. Some knucklehead probably uploaded a beta version.

I'm afraid the next patch I google will replace my whole crew with Resnigs and make me a commander of a Dreamcatcher love boat. *shudder*

Hopefully you will be able to provide some insight.

thanks

SC

Can you post some mirrors to the most recent 2.0 version for the CD-ROM? Or atleast give me them through a message?

I have no idea what you're asking. There are no patched for UCCE v2.0 and there is no CD-ROM version of it.

If you are looking for the limited time offer free UCCE 1.0 to 2.0 upgrade, I have no clue where you can find the files since the term has expired. You can now only buy the 2.0 upgrade from BMT Micro.

Well i was talking about the UCCE upgrade to 2.0

And it was a limited offer?

Well shit. Should've waited to buy UCCE for $20 instead of the $50 i had to pay.

Guess im done with UCCE. Got the new video card way too late apparently.

:/

I've got the patch saved on my PC, I just have no clue as to whether or not its OK to upload. So unless the SC (which I'm fairly sure its not considering it was a "limited time offer" ) says its ok its staying where it is.

Well i was talking about the UCCE upgrade to 2.0

And it was a limited offer?

Well shit. Should've waited to buy UCCE for $20 instead of the $50 i had to pay.

Guess im done with UCCE. Got the new video card way too late apparently.

:/

So you didn't read this page when it went up almost a year ago? Especially since the patch was available for almost six months before 2.0 was a stand-alone product at $25.

...and you spent $50 on what? And when?

I've got the patch saved on my PC, I just have no clue as to whether or not its OK to upload. So unless the SC (which I'm fairly sure its not considering it was a "limited time offer" ) says its ok its staying where it is.

No, you can't upload for public access. However if you want to send it to him, I have no problem with that.

Nope.

I mainly troll the forums and spend time reading all the old threads. The game pages don't really concern me since the forums is where most of the action is at. I'm also not fond of the new website layout, so i tend to stick to the forums or go read an article or two somewhere.

I spent $49.99 (or was it $39.99? $50 sticks out for some reason) on a copy of UCCE in a gamestop 2 years ago. Box was in terrible condition, but CD was unscratched so i was satisfied 'till new patches kept coming, which disrupted save games for unknown reasons and caused me to be a n00b in the tech support forums about it. Oh yeah, and i meant DVD-ROM.