Ucce

Magnus

According to the descriptions provided at GamersGate, Direct2Drive and on 3000AD the follow games are included in UCCE.

Includes all eight games in the Battlecruiser / Universal Combat series.

Battlecruiser 3000AD (1996)

Battlecruiser 3000AD v2.0 (1999)

Battlecruiser Millennium (2001)

Battlecruiser Millennium Gold (2003)

Universal Combat (2004)

Universal Combat Gold (2005)

Universal Combat A World Apart (2005)

Universal Combat Special Edition (2006)

Note that " All the campaign and instant action scenarios from the entire Battlecruiser and Universal Combat game series’" is a separate entry.

So, I look in my UCCE DVD and see a folder /FREEWARE/ inside it a /GAMES/ folder. I see only BC3kver1, BC3Kver2 and BCM, but no BCM Gold. I find this odd since it was advertised that it comes with it. The only real reason it bothers me is that I'd like to play against a couple friends that have BCM and don't want to upgrade to UCCE. I supposively have access to the game, but I don't. Is it the same with the D2D/GG versions as well?

Eh?

The description is accurate. Those campaigns are in the game and compatible with UCCE. That has NOTHING to do with the full games themselves - which is what you are talking about. So, just because you can play the original BCM Gold scenarios in UCCE, does not mean that the full BCM Gold game is included. Why would it be? The reason those games were included on the DVD-ROM is because they were already released as freeware. Hence the reason they are - *gasp* - in the "freeware" folder.

This is obvious to anyone who has ever bought a game compilation. Whats your excuse?

Looking at the descriptions from the three sources, it looks as if it says that all the games are included as well.

From 3000AD:

Universal Combat Collectors’ Edition contains full versions and scenarios from the following titles:

*List of titles as shown above*

From Direct2Drive:

From GamersGate:

Those above quotes are separate from mention of scenarios (or show that the scenarios are also included). As for game compilations, they usually come with a series of games together, separately, not just updated and put into a new engine. (See the HoMM compilation, Half Life anthology, etc.)

I just wanted to make sure that I was not just missing a version of BCMG in my version. Since the descriptions in all places say that the games are included, not just the scenarios.

OK, now you're being foolish. Seriously.

UCCE - by its very nature - does include all the games from the previous BC/UC games. They're just scripts running on a different engine. If that were not the case, what exactly would be the point of the "CE" in the game's name?

The descriptions are accurate and will not be changed. I don't care whose description you are reading or how you think you're reading it. And since this was released in Q4/07, this being Q2/09, you're only seeing it fit to even bring this up, now? Right.

Nobody asked you or your buddies to upgrade to anything. Thats a choice you get to make.