All Aspect Warfare Public Demo

Yep, it is a perfect college machine; just like a good laptop.

Again, try running the game with the defaults, turn off music, set audio to software mixing (by setting HW channels to 0) and see how it goes. But there is no way in hell you're going to be able to run the game with anything like AA, high end rendering features etc on that rig. Set everything to low, then tweak up from there. But I wouldn't go beyond 1280x720 or 1280x768 if I were you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I downloaded the demo today from the AAW media page, installed it and ran it to play a bit of MP.

Unluckily, whenever I try to join one of the 5 servers, I get a version mismatch error: " client version:'demo' server version:'1.00.17 demo' ".

I'm pretty sure I got the latest, full demo from that page, tried getting it from 3 mirrors already, but none of them seem to have the correct version number.

Am I missing something obvious or... ?

Why are you downloading the public demo? And did you read my post in Area51 regarding the servers?

The demo is being refreshed on Monday. The dedicated servers have already been updated for that version. Since anyone can host a game, you don't need dedicated servers in order to play.

Why are you downloading the public demo? And did you read my post in Area51 regarding the servers?

The demo is being refreshed on Monday. The dedicated servers have already been updated for that version. Since anyone can host a game, you don't need dedicated servers in order to play.

I uninstalled the beta build (you invalidated all the beta keys, right?), and as I was wanting to test and reproduce some annoyances I noticed some times ago during MP, I downloaded the demo, since it's obviously what everybody's currently running.

This is no problem, I'll wait untill the demo is updated. I haven't contacted Sho yet to schedule a mp session anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I played your demo and for the most part i found it very enjoyable with far fewer bugs than previous games. I loved the gunships and fighter. Your right about the bases being so far apart cause of the radar capability. the moment i go oh 2 - 5k away from the main base the enemies bases are already lock on me and firing long range missles which are fun to dodge. The only thing I wish was the ability to command things around like a RTS game. I would like to build outpost mining installations etc. The game feels like a FPS/RTS game. Has anyone played endwar??? im not saying command units around with mic. Im saying a player can swing to a units 3rd person perspective and issue orders for that unit such as a squad of marines or a gunship to lay down fire support for a impending attack against the enemy :looksaround::):sm_fifty:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hi

I've just installed the AAW demo. now when I started it for the 1st tm it says to filll user & pass (AAWDEMO yes I did.) now its asking for the activation code!!! whr is that code? I've tried AAWDEMO but it says not valid!!! pls send me a activation code (for the demo???!!!!)

waiting to play the demo

-_-

The demo does not need any such activation code. Download it - and the patch - from any of the official sites (e.g. WorthPlaying) located here.

Download and install 1.00.06 FULL, then the 1.00.35 patch. Run the game. Make sure your computer meets with the demo's requirements.

I've dl the demo installed it , cant able 2 play for sm damn activation code for the demo can u bliv it! I've dl & instld the patch still the same!

Godamn it!! if the demo can cause this much trouble Devil knows how much troubles await from the full game! damn I dont wanna buy this pain!!

I've dl the demo installed it , cant able 2 play for sm damn activation code for the demo can u bliv it! I've dl & instld the patch still the same!

Godamn it!! if the demo can cause this much trouble Devil knows how much troubles await from the full game! damn I dont wanna buy this pain!!

The demo does not have ANY activation codes and you must be the ONLY person on the planet who can't run it.

The demo does not have ANY activation codes and you must be the ONLY person on the planet who can't run it.

why so much trouble when we can just try the demo for free!!!! theres a box starts when i start the gm. its asking for activation code, now u know better than me why its so. any way I've uninstalled the trbl maker.

why so much trouble when we can just try the demo for free!!!! theres a box starts when i start the gm. its asking for activation code, now u know better than me why its so. any way I've uninstalled the trbl maker.

If you actually READ the posts and followed the post I made, you wouldn't have any problem running the demo. Its not rocket science.