All Aspect Warfare Public Demo

The demo is being released to the public today. I will post mirrors as they go up throughout the day/week. More info over here.

If you have any problems, check our KnowledgeBase.

UPDATE: (09-20-09): The demo has been updated. Until all the mirrors are up, you can download it from here.

If you have any pre-existing demo version, then just download the update and install on top of any previous demo version.

If you are starting from scratch, download the full demo (you don't need the update). Be sure to un-install ALL previous demo versions prior to doing a new full install.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DL'ed, used the given aawdemo code for the fields, and got this: "Quota for concurrent users for this application is filled. Wait for another user to close the application."

Any suggestions/explanations?

EDIT: Waited about 10 mins, it's working now.

EDIT 2: Well, restarted the game, and it's doing it again now. I thought the blog post said it only needed to auth once on the first startup? Is there some kind of user limit on the demo?

Because some people are ignoring the demo instructions, they are having problems with the activation and getting error messages about the concurrent user limit being exceeded.

You are NOT supposed to enter ANY information other than what is stated right there on the GUI.

Instead, people are trying to register different usernames and thus creating a problem because then it won't allow many concurrent users since thats how DRM systems work.

If you have done this - and are having problems - quit the game, uninstall the demo, re-install and follow the instructions on the GUI.

We're also working on releasing a new build later today which contains fixes/tweaks etc based on feedback from this wide public demo release. The demo is based on the 1.18.15 engine, the upcoming engine version is 1.18.17. You can see all the new stuff from the version control file. We will be releasing an engine update for the demo as well. Will be a small download - nothing major.

Been enjoying myself with the singleplayer maps in the demo, still sucking as much as I did, and expected to. Haven't saw a single game in MP with people in, been trying to get people to play with me - its been quite a chore, and I've been unsuccessfull to say the least.

So this over at RPS, wish I'd been around for it. Would have been quite interesting to see it all going on. :)

Still having fun! :D

It works just fine with Vista 64.

Did you go through all the steps in item #8 of the first KB article?

A screen shot of the error might help. Also, what is your system configuration? cpu, memory, OS etc?

Your OS installation seems to be missing a bunch of components. Go back to the KB article above and make sure you have installed everything mentioned there (e.g. .Net, Java etc).

Also try starting it with the /no_intro parameter.

Looking at the update .18.21

* Added starbases (x 06) with internal levels

What exactly is meant by this, do you mean new bases to the main map, or orbiting stations? (I guess I'm confused by what exactly is referenced to by the term starbases - just because I don't believe they've been referred to before in the game).

:P

Looking at the update .18.21

* Added starbases (x 06) with internal levels

What exactly is meant by this, do you mean new bases to the main map, or orbiting stations? (I guess I'm confused by what exactly is referenced to by the term starbases - just because I don't believe they've been referred to before in the game).

:P

Starbases were ALREADY in the game, several scenarios request that you either protect or destroy one. They're not starstations, and the difference has always been crystal clear in all the 3000ad games; ground (big) building.

Hi,

I have trouble starting the demo. I have updated the game to the latest version but still byteshield is telling me "no such user/password" (Yes I┤m using "aawdemo" as user and pw).

Maybe it has something to do with Vista 64-Bit which I┤m running ?

I already uninstalled and installed the game several times and re-downloaded the game from a different site but still no luck.

Please help me. I┤m really looking forward to your game.

Peter

Thats the only users/pw for the demo. I just tried it again and it works just fine. Has nothing to do with Vista64 because the game works just fine with both XP/Vista64 and Windows7. The key is that you have to follow the interface instructions exactly as stated.

Also you need an Internet connection. So make sure you are connected to the Internet the first time you run it because it has to download the authentication file.

And try turning off your anti-virus and firewall or add the AAW.EXE file to their exclusion list so that the program can connect to the Internet. If you get a warning that AAW.EXE is a virus/trojan, that is called a "false positive" and it being flagged as such due to the DRM signature in the file.

I just updated and tried out the new demo. A peristent problem for me has been the control scheme for my left-handed self. Although I can remap the arrow keys, I can't remap the CNTRL or Shift keys, which are the ones I use for FPS games.

Additionally, I typically use the same keys for the same function for first person and vehicles. For example, I use the same fire button in FPS as I do when I'm in a vehicle. However, I get a conflict message in the options.

You cannot remap the ALT, SHIFT and CTRL keys as they are action keys.

I tried it again. FW (Vistas own, no other except for the router) is off. Internet connection is avialable. Still the message from Byteshield "Faild Login: No such user/password." and just an Ok button.

Please show me the steps that you are using.