Where The Heck You All At?

aramike

I can hardly believe that so few of the old-timers post around here these days! I'd like to arrange a reunion of the folks that helped make this one of the most well-run, fun, premier gaming-and-otherwise forums of its time.

So post here, old-timers and let me know you're still out there lurking. Same with the newbies. To tide you all over, here's my old-timer story:

I found this place in late '99 (I can't believe it's almost been a decade) when I bought this damned BC3Kv2.0 game off the shelve at some game store because it looked like a cool way to pass the time. After trying for about a week to orbit a planet (hehe, look it up) I posted a topic on these forums. It was quickly deleted due to it being a topic that had been covered time and time again.

Didn't take me long to realized how the community worked, and I quickly assimilated myself, even becoming a mod and admin of the old UBB forums. In those days there were 100s of posts each hour at times. It was almost a part-time job just keeping up with the idiots, who were never in short supply.

Ultimately, I found a few friends here to help me out when trying to start my own business, and just generally an awesome supporting crowd. It's been tough keeping up, as I have a government job that sends me all over the place but there's still a spot on my heart for this group, these games, the discussions, and the gruff softy that is Derek Smart.

Now I'm back in town, hopefully permanantly this time, with my wife and kids, and look forward to getting in touch with the rest of you. I think an overwhelming sense of nostalgia kicked in when reading through my PMs, which went back nearly 10 years and covered everything from CAT (10 points to anyone who remembers what that stands for) to the Remo incident(s), to a load of other things.

So vets, reintroduce yourselves. Where have you been and what have you been up to? And new guys, help me get aquainted!

Hope to hear from you all!

CAT: Community Action Team

Welcome back. :-)

Most of the post are nor in the beta testr reserved forum, the rest of the activity has cut down a lot.

I've moved living with my girlfriend and the sort of part time job I was doing around here betatesting and being active is now eaten up by running the house and relationship. Hard job as you know.

Was not able to keep up with testing and fleet stuffs, still I'm in prime and 2nd in command since the activity is pretty much dead. I wouldn't be able to stick to that position otherwise.

Always been here, not so active but here. ;-)

There's usually a spike when there is a new game, patch or whatever. Since there are no new space combat games coming out from us in the short term - and given that everything that needs to be said about the pre-existing games has been said, I guess there's not much to chat about really.

I'm still here.

I've been pretty busy for the last two years. Taking care of my Shewolferz after she slipped on an icy parking lot and broke four bones. Two in her left leg and two in the left arm.

CAT

Cycle Airlock Team :throwcomputer:

Haven't been able to upgrade my system, so I'm out of the testing loop, been working on a book in my spare time (actually finished, at the feedback and polishing stage now)

Hi aramike. I've been playing a little lately and started checking the forums again. Keeping tabs on what SC has cooking for his last hurrah and musing on the fact that there only two reasons I upgrade my computer: if something breaks or a new 3000ad game or update comes out. :throwcomputer:

Hi all !

I'm quite new on this forum, but I'm not new to BC/UC series - I'm playing since about 1998 - First edition of BC I played was published on a CD of Polish edition of PC World magazine - I'm pretty sure that it was 1.x version with some foreword about take two inside magazie describing the game. Later I found BC version 2.0 or in PC World or a few years later as freeware on 3000ad site, then was BCM freeweare, UC freeware and finally paid editions - UC:G, UC:AWA, UC:SE and now UC:CE.

I'm visiting this site from time to time, to look what's new on forum etc.

I must say that beeing part of betatesters team of new 3000ad game was great expirience. And I'm pretty sure that there will be not soon other comparable game to BC/UC series, if ever. Honestly there is not much games that keeps me for long hours in front of monitor when I have/had spare time.. for last 11 years.

Its good to see that there are still some of old BC veterans active on forum..

I'm here Aramike. I was posting more frequently in April and early May but I just moved across the country for a new job so I've been a bit busy.

We should all try to get a community game night going when we all have gotten AAW.

EDIT: Also, is anyone else scared that the apocalypse is coming since the politics forum has been silent since December 2008???????

I'm new too but and old hand at BC from Version 1 and a gamer since pre-Atari 2600 and Vic 20 / C64 (I'm talking some of the Z80 jobbies and Apple etc). Loved the Amiga scene too, particularly the demo scene.

I'm pretty solid in assembler for 6502 and 68000 (so very useful these days), and can cut some nice C.

Just a brief bio to show my character type, and probably why I adore 3000AD games so much.

Anyway everyone .... HI.

• 2 weeks later...

Ben, I'm in a similar position and can't play the newer games. What's there to chat about, Derek? RP of course - the foundation of the fleets! Anyone seen Gallion, TC McQueen, Bad Mojo, Pandora, and those types recently?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Its been a long time since I've posted. :D

I periodically check this board every so often. Been busy with family life (mainly a wonderful and cute 2 year old daughter). That and I'm stuck with an old computer that can't really run the newer games. :boohoo:

-lorddavid

Hi everyone,

Its been a long time since I've posted. :D

I periodically check this board every so often. Been busy with family life (mainly a wonderful and cute 2 year old daughter). That and I'm stuck with an old computer that can't really run the newer games. :boohoo:

-lorddavid

Holy shit, there's a name I haven't seen in awhile!

You and Cruis.In.

LD, you need to PC-up man, get back into the fold!

• 5 weeks later...