Program Has Stopped Working.

zeekthegeek

I was real excited to see a new 3000 AD game to try out. But I've run into a snag. See, the game loads up just fine, and I get into the first map on the singleplayer demo..and then it crashes as soon as I try to take control of any vehicle, with the following info:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: aawdemo.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 4a784958

Fault Module Name: aawdemo.exe

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4a784958

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0003c354

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 112d

Additional Information 2: a21c061fe7e916a7750961df4eed1e5b

Additional Information 3: 2a8d

Additional Information 4: b20bb02d13a4f345a81550de91a4a125

My system stats:

Radeon 3870 (512 MB) by Visiontek (Updated to 9.7 Catalyst today and latest DirectX10)

4 GB DDR2-800 RAM

Intel Core2Duo E6750 overclocked to 3.2 ghz

I am currently downloading the SP2 for Vista to give that a try next, and will try playing some of the other levels as well. Please let me know any other information you might require. Cheers

What do you mean bare minimum? I would like to know which options you set that caused the crash on that 64-Bit OS. So if you can play with each one and tell me when you find out, that would help.

Did you try deleting the game_config.ini file and then running the game using the defaults (you can just turn off the music if you want)?

just adding something thats slightly related to your question

SC, how much compatibility of your games are there on a windows 7 64-bit, 86-bit, or 32-bit? (i just recently upgraded and havent had the time to reinstall my 3000AD games.)

Id rather not make another thread.

Actually, I think it might be wise to wait for Windows 7 to come out and let's see how good MS is at making their OS compatible with existing programs first.

just adding something thats slightly related to your question

SC, how much compatibility of your games are there on a windows 7 64-bit, 86-bit, or 32-bit? (i just recently upgraded and havent had the time to reinstall my 3000AD games.)

Id rather not make another thread.

If its Vista compat, then obviously it should work on Win7. If it doesn't, you're on your own.

NONE of our legacy games are supported in any OS that wasn't around when they were developed. That should be obvious. Which is what "Run in compatibility mode" is for.

If its Vista compat, then obviously it should work on Win7. If it doesn't, you're on your own.

NONE of our legacy games are supported in any OS that wasn't around when they were developed. That should be obvious. Which is what "Run in compatibility mode" is for.

Ok thanks. Yea, its not a windows 7 PC. I just downloaded windows 7 thing.

Thanks!