Open Rpg Discussions

ShoHashi

Ya do realize Canshow that Kalshion is not only aware of where the Daedalus was (because he had fired and rendered your cloak useless) but was flying right alongside your ship.... (not firing, more so curious now than ever)

You never once commected on that =\

Unless there was a reason your character didn't respond; it'd be best to make some changes perhaps.

Cloak isn't useless, never pointed that out in any post.

And you said the radiation signature off the ICV-Daedalus is gone, so one can only assume your tracking device was shortlived.

And i didn't respond because 1.) I changed my course 2.) The crew and myself had to deal with the engines 3.) Correct me if im wrong, but you were cloaked... so unless my ship is god, or i have a 360 degree window, i can't see your ship.

And since my new post, You don't know where the deadalus currently IS :)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yer right, I did in fact forget to mention the Bison decloaking as she came up alongside ya. I can change that if you wish though. Though, diving into the sun does render the radiation emitting from that shot useless, but it wasn't shortlived:

He knew it might take at least an hour, perhaps less, before that commander figured out what it was that was fired, but then again it'd take a lot longer to clean it off.

Meaning, the shot doesn't just die down - it's radiation, it lasts a good while before it begins to dissipate. The first hour is the most critical one, after that it would start to tapper off. Considering that Kalshion knew what to look for, and that the weapon was devised by his own techs, its a good bet he knew where the Daedalus was. Again, not shortlived, just dampened as the Bison got in close and used it's own ECM ability to block some of the radiation signature. Granted, the weapon is not perfect and does render the Bison's cloak a little useless for the time being (there is residual effects that linger after the weapon is fired)

When your hull has been breached and you've got radiation leaking out into space, a certain amount of radiation can be detected - and if its moving, such as a cloaked ship, then cloaking becomes useless. Don't forget, you emit radiation while cloaked as well. The longer you stay cloaked, the more radiation that is emited outward from the cloaking device. The amount of radiation is usually shielded by the ship itself, which is why you can't stay cloaked for long peroids of time - or else you'll cook your crew alive. In this case, the radiated shot from the Bison has more radiation in it than the cloaking bubble is able to cover, thus making cloaking useless.

There is still a signature, enough that the Bison can still track the Daedalus's location as its nearby - but the signal is nowhere near as strong as it was before.

I do hope that Garrison and Kalshion meet up somehow.. oh well.. I'll think of something.

Sorry guys, I've been away .... will have a good read, get in the mood, and re-insert the best I can.

yeah..I'm going to get in here somewhere.. sorry guys, I've been bustin my ass trying to keep the work goin'. It really sux being a carpenter in this communist "economy".

I read all the posts and get caught up and then do my thing.

Quazar:

You and the others can RP my character for a bit over the next week or so. I'm just not going to have the time to play him. I'll rejoin as soon as I can. Just don't get him killed! :)

-Sho

Will do Sho. He's definately going to bring some different ideas to the table than what the Earthcom blue suits have cooked up. Sho, the character, won't just passively go along with whatever Garrison has in mind. He has an agenda too and the trust of millions of Insurgent members riding on the next few In-Character days.

Badman, Shingen, thanks for the heads up's. A little one liner at the start/end of an In-Character post is fine. But let's try to keep the mission topics clean of posts that are only OCC. You too, Sho. That's what this topic is for.

This plot may spell a turning point in Insurgent-UFN relations. It'll also be interesting to see how Badman adjusts to a century far from his own and how Garrison's other organization can work with the ever-independent Shingen. :D

It'll also determine whether Kalshion will be able to find a place; if the Insurgents were to secure their own city-state (or nation state) it'd cause an uproar within Galcom, as Earthcom is technically betraying Galcom right now in some sense.

The fact that Earthcom felt that Galcom didn't need to know; is just proof that Earthcom has no desire to keep the Galactic Command informed on stuff - this could potentially spell an internal civil war between Galcom and Earthcom, unless the UFN in general comes to a concensus and manages to keep things tidy and under control.

However, everything will depend on what transpires in this RP it seems. I know Kalshion is sympathetic right now, though he 'hates' insurgents (none-more-so than Shohashi's character :)) he also knows that if the Insurgents were to manage to create a nation state, it would create a few problems.

Naturally, I'm just speaking from my point of view on the subject :D

Will do Sho. He's definately going to bring some different ideas to the table than what the Earthcom blue suits have cooked up. Sho, the character, won't just passively go along with whatever Garrison has in mind. He has an agenda too and the trust of millions of Insurgent members riding on the next few In-Character days.

That's cool. I guess I should elaborate further. I'll be a bit busy for the next 2 - 3 weeks, then I'll be able to rejoin. I could keep on RPing now, but with the little time I have I wouldn't want to hold the story up.

-Sho

No, that was fine. It's good to consider various outcomes. Though you could have just waited and sprang it on us In Character [evil grin]. :D

Seriously, Kal. Don't hold your opinions back. :) That's what this thread is for.

No, that was fine. It's good to consider various outcomes. Though you could have just waited and sprang it on us In Character [evil grin]. :)

Seriously, Kal. Don't hold your opinions back. :) That's what this thread is for.

Lol; no no it wasn't in relation to what I said.

I got shoot-down very harshly by a friend of mine over a story I'm writing, and I do mean harshly... it killed a lot of my desire to even continue writing for roleplays or stories anymore.... it seems that, while others appriciate the work I put into writings - my friend does not and seems to think I should write 'perfectly' and have no problems. (The only reason I'm still his friend, is because I rely on him a lot for other stuff, despite him being harsh, he does help me get things right) I just wish he'd realize that he does a good job destroying motivation :D

I'm just worn out right now; I'll probably think a bit better later. Suffice it to say, I have other idea's in store, though like everything else - don't hesitate to tell me if I go overboard and such :)

Will do, Canshow. And congratulations on your new GM position!

Gentlemen,

At the conclusion of our current mission I will take a hiatus until early 2011.

Why? What I consider to be a gratifying game setting has changed since I started/considered simming with 3000AD in 1999. Specifically our genre allows for no new alien nations and little opportunity outside of Galcom, Insurgent, Earthcom, Gammulan circles - except of course for what Shingen has accomplished. Why now? I have now found a game setting that satisfies my current goals. While I'm not entirely pressed for time right now between school terms, that will change soon.

I was carefull to not reinstate the title of Fleet Leader to my signature for just this reason. Without realizing it, I have become sort of a leader over more than just my own fleet, but over the entire RP community. Do you want to be a leader? Then be the most active of all, and others will gravitate toward you as they have to me.

Gentlemen, this is your opportunity to make something of this community without my spearheading the effort - and before Galactic Command Online really starts to bring them in in droves. Sho, Eclipse, RT, Kal, Denny, Tek, Badman, this is your time to shine!

Therefore I have updated my signature accordingly. You still have me until the end of this mission. And I'm thoroughly enjoying every minute of it. Let's make the most of it!

And yet, when I get right now to it, I'm still no where near as good at RPing as others on this board =(

Ahhh but I do hope you don't leave us forever =)

Either way, I'll try and get a post up sometime later today - a tad swamped right now =\

I have a large post in the works and am re-reading the entire mission from the beginning.

Stay tuned. :D

Actually ... I've been on holidays etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

SO, I'm going to do the same (re-read) as soon as I get home ..... on about the 2nd, Last post I did Badman was lying on top of a woman lol...

• 2 weeks later...
Last post I did Badman was lying on top of a woman lol...

Gotta love when that happens :)

Lalala still waiting for those posts. In the meantime, I HAVE SCHOOOL! D:

Hehe, I'm still curious what he has in store. Kalshion still has a lot of questions :P

• 2 months later...
come on guys..let's finish this RP

Let's do this!

I hear ya Shingen, but right now our hands are pretty much tied behind our backs with triple thick layers of duck-tape... so until Quazer posts to continue that meeting, we are dead in the water =(

come on guys..let's finish this RP

Let's do this!

I hear ya Shingen, but right now our hands are pretty much tied behind our backs with triple thick layers of duck-tape... so until Quazer posts to continue that meeting, we are dead in the water =(

OK.. well Q gave me the go ahead to RP the thread so I will be posting to advance the story.

Q can't work on the post with us?

>:C

Where is he? I need to show him my new STS missiles i bought down at the blackmarket :L

Dunno..I've tried to reach him on Yahoo.. so I hope he's ok.

However..we talked when this whole RP started and I was supposed to keep it going, and I kinda dropped the ball because of economic reasons.. but I'm working on getting this RP rolling..

Please bear with me.. you'll enjoy it once it starts up again. We are going for the classic BC3K RP here.

I'll be contacting all the relevant players to discuss the RP potentials for the story.

It's a classic RP so all posts are individual, but we gotta have a plot and storyline and know where we are going within that context..

I'm working on it..

I object....

It's not hard to run a free-form RP without timestamps, I do it all the time on other boards, never had a need for time stamps except when progressing to the next day.