Back From Exile

Shingen

Once again.. I'm back from a long road of exile from these boards.

I humbly bow to Derek who is our benefactor here, as well as all the old original BC gamers that most prolly lurk here still, as well as all the newbies here.

I will endeavor not to create too much conflict here. It was never my purpose here, but sadly it always seems to be my outcome.

Since I am basically a newbie to the latest games ( my last purchase was AWA:CE and it won't run on my kit), I beg tolerance. I yam who I yam.

Being that I first got my copy of BC3K 1.0 in 1998, then BC3K 2.0 in later 1999 ( which was patched to 2.09), and have purchased and own every incarnation of BC up to and including UC:CE, I'm considered in this community as the first original indie, in large part because I was more interested in the castes outside the fleet military constructs. I was the first to write and participate in Indie RPs and also created the first and only Indie fleet; The Devils Hand.

Because of stupidity and drunken arrogance on my part, flaws in the game's MP during that time and other factors, TDH didn't survive. However, the record still stands here.

Be that as it may.. everyone has a cross to bear and it's just a PC game anyway, I've been a loyal fan of this franchise for over 11 years now. I hope members here will forgive my past drunkenness and arrogance. It will most prolly happen again. =)

This would be my 6th exile and return to these boards.. damn it's been a long time and a hopefully a happy reunion...

however I am indie, so u get what u play for.

Shingen

UCV DEATHSTRIKE

Oh shit. I'm taking the day off.

Oh, hi Shingen.

Don't worry.. its a holiday tomorrow do we can both take the day off. =D

I'll try not to create too much subversive anarchy. The main reason I came back was on rumors that MP is stable now and playable. Yes I know, we've had our arguments about that before, however that's all irrelavent.

I have been playing the old girl, BC3K 2.09. It actually runs pretty good on DosBox in XP once u get the sets right. Damn, that is a good game.

Did u know that FFE finally went D3D? Another good game. No chance on BC3K going D3D?

Peace

• 1 month later...
Welcome back Shingen! You still owe me the pleasure of killing ya :thumbs:

heheh.. I gotta re-up my vidcard to play UC:CE, but you can have first dibs at the Deathstrike when she goes back into dominating the MP Universe.

Too bad Ben isn't around anymore.. he was my only real competition.

Oh, I'm still around, just lurking mostly while I work on my book, since I can't upgrade to play the newest 3000AD offering, but my machine can just about handle UC:CE. I may pop along one Sunday evening GMT for a bit of MP if there's any organised (though mouse flight doesn't work so well in winXP as in win2k)

Nice to see you again brother. It is good to have another real old timer show up again(I don't include myself in that group).

I've had my drunken post time too but I only got banned by Gamespot. :jam_on:

Oh, I'm still around, just lurking mostly while I work on my book, since I can't upgrade to play the newest 3000AD offering, but my machine can just about handle UC:CE. I may pop along one Sunday evening GMT for a bit of MP if there's any organised (though mouse flight doesn't work so well in winXP as in win2k)

sure..if u wanna set up some MP time with UC:CE let me know

OK, bit of a change of schedule, I can't do Sunday evenings anymore, but should probably be able to do a given Saturday from 7-8.30pm GMT, if I get a couple of days notice beforehand. I'll try and get my rig sorted out again during the week.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Man, leave the airlock open and any old thing will wander in. :):troutslap:

Hi Shingen. How ya been?

Grab your lucky Empirian's rabbit's foot, fire up the old Galactan class cruiser and hold on tight!

Hey you old seadog.. what's up?

When are you going to start an old school RP?