Apogee

ShoHashi

The time is 6 months after the events chronicled in Resupply Duty.

[RP ON]

It had been six months since the events of the Pravis Resupply Incident. Pravis Outpost 6 was now a fully operational base capable of defending the new Communication Intercept Module (CIM). The CIM was designed by the Insurgent Fleet's R&D Wing, Eversor, with the sole purpose of intercepting and decoding encrypted GalCom subspace messages.

Admiral ShoHashi's flagship, ICV-Aries, was docked at starstation New Frontier and now had it's full complement of crew onboard. Most of the senior officers on the ship had since been reassigned to other posts in the Insurgent fleet. She had a new crew that would have to prove their capabilities to Admiral ShoHashi. ShoHashi wished that he could have kept the senior officers, but he also understood that with their experience they would be better suited for posts throughout the Insurgent fleet.

[RP OFF]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[RP]

The UCV-Deathstrike was wounded.. to the point of death. She limped through the last jump-point and entered a stable orbit with New Frontier by sheer computer programming. No one sat at her helm to direct her. Everything was minimal power and basic AI programming.

The UCV Deathstrike docked, while New Frontier station sent fighters out to greet her. Inside the Solnar, no life moved...

[/RP]

[RP]

The ICV-Daedalus has docked at New Frontier no more than 2 days ago. Its Commander and crew had come back from a 2 week voyage into Gammulan Territory. Word was, there was an artifact on the loose.

To have time off for his little expedition was no easy task . First off, canshow had to convince his Superiors to let him go(NOT EASY AT ALL >_<).

Being a human in Gammulan space, was like being an ant around an 8yr old kid with a magnifier glass. Escape and Entry would not be easy.

It took time, effort, and skill. But eventually they found the artifact in orbit around Mantisi. It was a surprise to the crew to find it in a probe in low-orbit around the planet. To their grief, it was an Enhanced Nav Module.

The crew was hoping to find something better like RANDOM. But an artifact is an artifact. At least it made the trip back to New Frontier with-in a day.

Canshow reported his success to Command and is awaiting for some kind of response from them.

Besides the endless amount of patrol duty, that was about all the fun the crew had had.

Most of his old crew had still remained. Although his marines got replaced with new recruits, because they were, "...Needed elsewhere..."

Life is ...decent

[/RP]

[RP]

Darkness moved as form and shape. Disjointed images in form but not comprehension. A wave of nausea hit him as he tried to stand, bringing him to his knees. He grabbed his head, rubbed his eyes and tried to re-focus. Slowly, blur became shape, shape became form and form became balance.

Once he could stand, he looked around. No major damage here. He lent to his Command console and hit several buttons:

" Shingen to command! Report!"

No reply...again he sent message.. again no reply.

He stood and balanced, focusing on his environment. Once he was stable in his stance, he walked outside into the corridor.

Everything look normal....

Staggering, he proceeded to command. Around a turn in the hallway, he came to Gammulan corpses. Evidence of blaster fire and hand-to-hand combat, but no one he knew.

He kept on walking..

"TO THE SOLNAR REGISTERED AS UCV-DEATHSTRIKE! CONFIRM AND IDENTIFY. YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF TREATY! MOVE TO A SAFE ORBIT AND CONFIRM YOUR INTENT! FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN YOUR IMMEDIATE DESTRUCTION!"

NEW FRONTIER STATION HAILING SOLNAR DESIGNATED UCV-DEATHSTRIKE.. "

[/rp]

[RP ON]

Commander Crossgrove sat at his desk reading over his daily reports. This was the part of his duties as New Frontier's Commanding Officer that he dreaded. It was so damned boring. He almost wished that he'd turned down Admiral ShoHashi's offer of commanding the starstation. But it was too late to change that now and he would just have to suck it up and continue. He knew in time, he come to get used to the daily grind of starstation command.

"I suppose all the action I saw commanding the ICV-Klandorian will be nothing but a forgotten memory in a few months," he mused to himself.

Seven months prior, he was commanding the ICV-Klandorian in a skirmish against three GalCom cruisers. During the ensuing battle, the Klandorian destroyed two of the cruisers and heavily damaged the third before it jumped away. It came at a cost however, Klandorian herself was also heavily damaged and barely limped back to Insurgent occupied space. More than three quarters of her crew were killed or missing and the ship itself was in too bad of shape to repair.

And so, Commander Crossgrove had no command that is until Admiral ShoHashi stepped in. Admiral ShoHashi was so impressed about Commander Crossgrove's actions in that skirmish the he decided to offer command of starstation New Frontier to him. That would liberate him from starstation duties to concentrate more on his Admiral duties. Commander Crossgrove, knowing that he probably wouldn't be getting a new ship in the forseeable future, readily accepted the Admiral's offer.

The vidscreen on commander's desk flickered to life showing a young lieutenant. It was Lieutenant Baum.

"Sir, our picket sensors have detected a Solnar that just came through the Pravis gate. It's been identified as the UCV-Deathstrike. It appears to be on a trajectory towards us. Delta Wing is on an intercept course."

New Frontier always had an interceptor wing fly patrols in New Frontier space at all times. Alpha, Beta, Delta and Gamma wings were assigned to this duty. It so happened that Delta Wing was currently on duty.

Commander Crossgrove sat back in his chair for a moment and glanced at the ceiling. He then turned towards the vidscreen.

"Ok, hail them. Priority one address. I'll be right down in a few minutes," Crossgrove said.

Lieutenant Baum turned away from the vidscreen at his console to look at Lieutenant Derr, "The Commander says to hail them, priority one address."

Lieutenant Derr touched her console and began to speak.

"To the Solar registered as UCV-Deathstrike! Confirm and identify. You are in violation of treaty! Move to a safe orbit and confirm your intent! Failure to comply will result in your immediate destruction! New Frontier station hailing solnar designated UCV-Deathstrike.."

[RP OFF]

[RP]

Shingen walked into the bridge of his Solnar cruiser. There was no damage..no systems were destroyed... nothing out of place...however.. there was no one aboard.

"To the Solar registerd as UCV-Deathstrike! Confirm and identify. You are in violation of treaty! Move to a safe orbit and confirm your intent! Failure to comply will result in your immediate destruction! New Frontier station hailing solnar designated UCV-Deathstrike.."

The 4th hail,

and approaching the station,

Shingen went to the helm, placed the controls on manual and used lateral thrusters to move his ship inside a stable orbit of the planet and station. Main power was off.. all systems were yellow and on reserve power... limited functionality..

He hit the coms

"Frontier..this is the private starship Deathstrike.... under your stupid treaty I get to freaking dock here if I'm in distress.. I guess you could kinda say I'm in distress... what up with your telemetry..I systems are on reserve.. please respond..."

Shingen set the hail on continuous and left the helm.. he walked to tactical and typed in a scan of the system. Too many terran fighter were on his ass.. main PTAs were out... main missle batteries were still active but no power to the launchers..wtf?

systemic failure... main reactor gone... Smitty must have somehow dumped the core without a breach, saving this tug and everyone on it.

Shingen went back to the helm and hit the coms button..

"RECORD TO MAJOR CONSTRUCTS: VALKYRIE WOUNDED... MISSION COMPLETE... PROPERTY SECURED.."

[/RP]

[RP ON]

Lieutenant Derr sat at her console awaiting a response from the Deathstrike.

Just then a voice emanated from the console's speaker. "Frontier..this is the private starship Deathstrike.... under your stupid treaty I get to freaking dock here if I'm in distress.. I guess you could kinda say I'm in distress... what up with your telemetry..I systems are on reserve.. please respond..."

"He's right, the treaty does allow UCV vessels to dock if they are in distress," said Commander Crossgrove as he entered the Command Center. "Tell him to dock at docking port 5. Also inform Delta wing to resume their initial operations once Deathstrike is securely docked."

Derr nodded and turned back to her console and began tapping it.

Crossgrove walked over to the Station Security Officer, Lieutenant Commander Williams.

"Williams, send a security detachment and some medical personnel to docking port 5. Let me know what you got."

"Right away, sir," replied Williams.

"I'll be in my office," Crossgrove said and walked out of the Command Center.

[RP OFF]

[RP]

Terrans had always been natural explorers, many drawn to the vast expanse of open space. After first travelling faster than light in the 22rd century, they soon charted Earth's nearest stellar neighbour Proxima Centauri. What they found, in addition to the triple binary highlights visible from home, was a whole host of planets, both gaseous and solid, with moons, comets, asteroids, and Oort Cloud-like structures that rivalled the ones already catalogued in Sol in quantity, diversity of orbit, and especially beauty. However, just as humanity had once suspected Mars to contain intelligent life in the twentieth century, then proven wrong, Proxima Centauri also yielded no signs of life, not past or present. So humanity expanded its search for extra-solar sentience. They built on their faster-than-light designs to yield temporal-dampening travel velocities through a new type of hyperdrive that would retain its basic design through many centuries of use. These ever increasing velocities served to bring that next star just a little bit closer with the passing of each year's engineering discoveries in propulsion. Thousands of planetoid finds around stars such as Lalande 21185, Ross 248, 61 Cygni, Kapteyn's Star, and Wolf 424 (to name a few) all came up dry - no life of any kind. Ship speeds continued to climb and more starsystems were charted. Near the close of the 29th century, the statistics and probabilities finally caught up with the data collected thus far.

Our galaxy contained over 700 billion stars (which was way up from 21st century estimates) not just 26 starsystems. The probability of finding life of any kind (past or present; sentient or not) was always slim. But chance and likelihood have got to come back to bight you eventually. Terrans discovered Empirians by flying in hyperspace all the way to their system. Empirians then said they'd visited Terrans and other races through a network of jumpgates [which we know out of character was built by the Galaxans]. They showed ECV Seeker a wormhole in their system leading back to Sol. Terrans later went on to discover all other currently known alien races by exploring this jumpgate network. Upon discovering the wormhole leading back to Sol, ECV Seeker's commander named the Empirian system Alpha Centauri in honor of Proxima Centauri, Sol's nearest neighbour at only 3 and a half light years distance. But they were not the same. In fact, hundreds of light years (at least) separated EVERY starsystem from its nearest neighbour on the jumpgate network. So the Empirian home system was actually hundreds of light years away from Sol. This meant wormholes and fluxfields connected points hundreds or thousands of light years apart. Jump Points, on the other hand, only connected planets within a single starsystem. By the 31st century, ships of all types had gotten fast enough that NOBODY now used jump points, but they still used wormholes and fluxfields.

Earthcom had recently developed or otherwise obtained new designs for the current design of hyperdrive that'd make wormholes no longer necessary either. While jump point distances could be covered by sublight engines within hours, this new hyperdrive could cross the whole galaxy in about 6 months, or traverse the average wormhole distance in a matter of days. It also opened up the opportunity of exploring the dozens or hundreds of starsystesm between, for example, Polaris and Lanix V. This new design was mostly just a reconfiguration of current propulsion systems already installed on Insurgent craft, indeed most craft period. Insurgents or any alien government could develop a similar design themselves. But Earthcom planned to offer to save the Insurgents a lot of time and get a head start over other competing interests. This was just one bargaining chip Earthcom had to offer the Insurgents. Another incentive was the UFN would grant all Insurgent members full and unconditional pardons for any past action, alleged or confirmed, against the UFN.

But why? What could the UFN possibly want in return from its age old human enemy? Since the end of the Second Gammulan War, the Insurgents had moved further from Earth, instead of trying to capture it, as they'd originally planned. They now seemed to exist as a second Terran nation, harkening back to Earth's multi-national days before the UFN. A few weeks ago, Vanguard Fleet had sent 'the man' to meet with ShoHashi to make this offer: Leave us alone and become your own nation. And we'll pardon you and make your ships faster. He had booked passage aboard a freighter bound for New Frontier and had recently arrived on the station.

'The man' now stood in the huge launch bay, big enough to enclose the whole transport craft. He was dressed in civilian garb, not undercover, just a lower profile. He now waited his turn behind the transport's other vendors and passengers to be screened by Insurgent security and admitted to the station. Through a window/forcefield partitioning this from the adjacent launch bay, the man saw a battered Solnar cruiser coming to rest. Who else might be here? he thought, as his turn with Security neared.

[/RP]

[RP]

They came in full armor and gear..armed to the teeth..

Shingen waited for the door to open and listened... 12 marines and 2 medics greeted him in the lift.

The military contingent spread out from the elevator and took up parameter positions around him.

Shingen lowered his stance and watched the invading military forces... one medic approached him..

"Is there anyone injured? Can you direct me to the wounded?"

Shingen focused on the medic..." There are no wounded...out of 76 souls, I'm the only one left aboard"..

[/RP]

[RP]

Over the last few in-game years (the mid 3030s), the UFN has been steadily expanding Earth Command's budget, while keeping Galcom's largely unchanged (I'd say because Galcom members IRL haven't been role-playing with us for years now). The conflict between the Zelons and Credians over the ancient artifact (the one referenced in the alien races appendix of the UCCE manual) has escalated nearly to open warefare. Knowing they lacked the resources for a sustained confrontation against their neighbors, the Zelons turned the other direction, to Galactic Command, for help. The research and defense alliance of Terrans, Empirians, and Vesperons rejected the Zelons' application for membership on the grounds of not wanting to involve its member nations in nation-to-nation affairs outside of the Terran Quadrant. Many Terrans actually supported Zelon membership in Galcom but the UFN's decreased budgetary participation in the alliance meant that the Empirian Supreme Command and Vesperon General Assembily prevailed in the vote to reject Zelon admittance into Galactic Command. Indeed, the UFN's delegates to Galcom were quite split or undecided in the matter. But over the next several months, rumours and a few confirmed reports filtered across the north half of the galaxy stating the Credians were committing attrocities against their weaker neighbours. Terran public opinion changed from split or apathetic to supporting the Zelon cause. After lobbying the UFN, and inturn the UFN's appeal to Galcom, the Empirians and Vesperons once again voted down any change to current Galcom policy of non-interference. So the Terran government decided to go it alone, and Earthcom began actively pursuing talks with Zelana.

Last week, Vanguard Fleet's Intelligence & Special Operations wing, known as ISO, learnd that ISS Fleet's CIOPS may be suppressing reports of a completely unrelated military buildup in Credian territory. Did the the Credians have other invasion plans, beyon Lanix V? ISO had tasked 'the man' to recruit ShoHashi, Shingen, canshow and other individuals not in Galcom to infiltrate ISS Fleet HQ and find out. And this, of course, was one motivating factor in Earthcom wanting to ease tensions with the Insurgents (hence the proposal cited in my first post).

[/RP]

Anyone else is more than welcome to jump in a any time.

[RP ON]

As the elevator came to a halt and its doors slid open, Ensign Haney led his security team and two medics out of the elevator and into the small chamber that connected the rest of the station to the docked Solnar. He immediately saw a lone figure standing in the middle of the chamber. The man appeared to be bloodied and disheveled. Haney gave the hand signal to surround the man and his men immediately complied, weapons drawn. The medics stayed back behind Haney.

"Check him out." said Haney to the medics as he observed the man.

One of the medics walked forward past Haney and between two of the security men until she stood in front of the man.

"Is there anyone injured? Can you direct me to the wounded?" she asked, while running a med scanner over the man.

"There are no wounded...out of 76 souls, I'm the only one left aboard." he replied.

"What's his status?" said Haney as he approached the medic.

"He doesn't appear to have any broken bones or internal injuries aside from some superficial cuts and bruises. It'd probably be a good idea to get him to Sickbay for a full checkup and get some of those cuts cleaned up." replied the medic.

"Who are you and what's your name?" said Haney to the man.

[RP OFF]

[RP ON]

"My name is Craigudus Badmanidus, but my friends call me Badman. Once General of the Athieo-Christo rebellion. Two weeks ago I metaphorically and spiritually died after fulfilling my bargain with the Universe. Instead of the promised and foretold Nirvana, and denied of my true fate, was ripped asunder by the 'Dark eye of the Lion Spirit', to awake on a cold, hard surface; very VERY far from home......", "And wipe that sarcastic smile off your face, I am not delusional, for you do know me, and WILL fear what I harbour."

[RP OFF]

I love making people think ... and create ... if this is too ambiguous I can always make this more directly relate to the current RP, I just though a fresh perspective (trip) would be fun. :-)

[RP]

'The man" had been standing in line among his transport's fellow passengers for the better part of an hour. Apparently Insurgents had red tape too! He at last reached the customs counter and checked in his weapon, standard policy to disarm first time guests. "I want this back, tomorrow." Not waiting for a response or a form to sign he set his bag on the conveyor belt to the left and stepped through the detector. "He's clear, sir." Said Lieutenant Williams. The man did not even nod as he took his bag and walked off the launch bay and headed for New Frontier's promenade.

Off to his left a few hundred feet, several marines, two medics and an injured man emerged from an adjacent launch bay. 'The man' recognized the injured one as one of his persons of interest. He approached the group. "Are you Shingen?" He new the injured man would probably recognize him from intelligence footage. But the point was not to maintain cover, just a low profile. "You and I need to talk to the Insurgent High Command immediately." He turned to the senior officer of this group of Insurgents, and read Ensign Haney on his uniform. "Take us to your leader, Haney."

[/RP]

[RP ON]

Commander Crossgrove strode into his office and sat down heavily in his chair. He swiveled his chair and looked out his viewing port at the billions of stars. The vidscreen on his desk began to beep, signaling an incoming message. Crossgrove turned back to his console and tapped a button. Admiral ShoHashi appeared on the screen.

"Commander, I need to discuss something with you, " ShoHashi said. "Are you alone?"

"Yes sir, I am." replied Crossgrove. "What do you have?"

"Good. A few days ago, the IHC received and encrypted message from Vanguard Fleet's ISO. They claim to have some information on some sort of military buildup in Credian territory." said the Admiral.

"What sort of military buildup? And, for that matter, why would Vanguard Fleet even want to share intelligence with us? We're not exactly friends."

"I don't know any specifics at the moment. The only sure thing that I know is that they are sending a representative here, to New Frontier, to meet with me and go into more detail."

"How do you know it's not a trap to asassinate you?"

"I don't think it is, I have a gut feeling about this. And my gut feelings are often correct. Besides, we have safeguards in place."

"Ok then. Now, how is this representative getting here? It's not exactly like we're going to let a Vanguard ship close to New Frontier."

"Again, I'm not sure. What I do know is that the representative is supposed to be here any day. Just keep alert and when he or she shows up, let me know."

"Roger that."

The vidscreen went blank. Crossgrove leaned back in his chair. "Ok, it seems like this day is starting to get complicated."

[RP OFF]

[RP]

Five hours earlier, aboard the transport heading for New Frontier....

'The man' met another passenger, a human.

"My name is Craigudus Badmanidus, but my friends call me Badman. Once General of the Athieo-Christo rebellion. Two weeks ago I metaphorically and spiritually died after fulfilling my bargain with the Universe. Instead of the promised and foretold Nirvana, and denied of my true fate, was ripped asunder by the 'Dark eye of the Lion Spirit', to awake on a cold, hard surface; very VERY far from home......", "And wipe that sarcastic smile off your face, I am not delusional, for you do know me, and WILL fear what I harbour."

"Pleased to meet you." said 'the man' without offering his name in return. He prefered to give people not involved with his mission the benefit of the doubt in the absence of conflicting evidence. But what if this human really was from the distant Terran past? What if he really had led a group of second century Christians in a crusade against the oppressive Roman state? The man knew Badman could make an invaluable impromptu addition to his own mission. "I can't give my name, not even a pseudonym, because of my mission. I work for the terran military and assume you've had time in these two weeks to learn the current state of humanity, where it stands among the other galactic players and who they are too. Because this transport only departed Starstation Ragnarok last night, I also assume that you appeared from the past at that station - the crowning jewel of Earth Command headquarters directly orbiting Sol closer than Mercury."

"I and some high ranking Insurgents are going to infiltrate Galcom. I want your help on this mission, because, among other things we could use a fresh perspective."

They talked at length until the transport arrived at New Frontier.

Present time...

Shingen, the Insurgents escorting him, Badman and 'the man' were all now walking through New Frontier's promenade toward the station's Operations section. When they reached the point where guests were not allowed any further, they stopped. 'The man' told the Insurgent security officers, "I need to speak with your Commanding Officer, now!"

[/RP]

/ON

".... and with my past washed clean, I will fight for the man that jingles the loudest purse, or, if honour and truth are still respected, then I will fight for a cause .... or love. That is, if a man can still make a living from his sweat and blood.", replied Badman, standing firm and powerful, yet with a subtle hue of pain and loss etched into the very space around him.

"I still do not know exactly where I am, nor can I comprehend all this. All I know is that I am conscious and sane, therefore I must trust my senses.". Badman eyed each of the party, as if measuring them, 'acquiring a lock' as he had heard one of the young men say.

"OK no-name, I have heard tell of this 'Ragnarok' that you uttered, and I am told that is where I was first discovered, naked and unconscious in a place where people gather to eat.", he said with a slight grin, "What do you propose?".

/OFF

[RP]

Back on the transport, Badman's statement of honour plagued 'the man's' thoughts for a moment before he gave the time traveler his response, "I purpose to protect the Terran nation from threats abroad and at home. Right now, friends in Galcom are hoarding information that could jeopardize all Terrans. I purpose to get that information to my superiors before the week is out by infiltrating Galcom."

[/RP]

I will post at length once Shin and Sho have caught up. Please read this.

[RP ON]

Minutes after Commander Crossgrove finished his conversation with Admiral ShoHashi, his vidscreen again beeped with an incoming call.

Crossgrove tapped a button on the screen and face of Lieutenant Commander Williams appeared.

"What have you got?" asked Crossgrove.

Williams went on to explain Ensign Haney's status with the seemingly lone survivor of the Deathstrike. He also went on to explain about the two other individuals that Haney and his men picked up on their way to Sick Bay.

"Ensign Haney is telling me that one of the two individuals wishes to converse with the Admiral directly. He won't identify himself either."

"Could this be the representative that the Admiral mentioned?" thought Crossgrove.

"Ok, have Haney continue taking the Deathstrike's survivor to Sick Bay to get him patched up. While that's being done, have Haney send three of his men to escort this individual up to see the Admiral. I'll let him know he has a visitor coming," said Crossgrove.

"Affirmative," replied Williams.

[RP OFF]

NGO = Non-Governmental Organization

[RP]

Ensign Haney said to 'the man', "Mister, I have told my supervisor that you want to talk to the Admiral. But I need to know who you are first." 'The man' looked to Shingen and Badman and deduced they too wanted to know. "Garrison of EarthCom. I am also here representing an NGO I co-own, but Vanguard Fleet doesn't know that. Call me Rick or First Sergeant." At the mention of an NGO, Shingen sensed Garrison's need for secrecy, as he flatly refused to go to the Medibay. "You can't tell me where to go, Haney. My injuries aren't that bad! Treat 'em here on the fly with your fancy Insurgent field medical kits or not at all. I'm interested in what this Rick Garrison wants to say to ShoHashi." Badman said, "But why do you need our help?"

Rick replied, "Badman if Vanguard Fleet loses an ally as powerful as Galcom, we'll need all the friends we can get. Lieutenant Commander Williams, if you will permit Shingen to accompany us and get his injuries treated on the go as he requests, then I will reimburse you for the parts and labor cost of repairing his Sunflash cruiser, not from Earthcom funds but from my NGO's own purse."

Williams replied as Commander canshow approached from the side, "I'm sorry, First Sergeant, I have my orders. You come with us to talk to Admiral ShoHashi and the raider Shingen goes to medibay now." The three Insurgent escorts started to lead Shingen away when canshow interjected. "Belay that order, Marines. Lieutenant Williams they are ALL coming with me right now to see ShoHashi. You just don't recognize what a bargain Garrison has offered. We are contractually obligated to repair UCV-Deathstrike because Shingen came to us in distress." Commander canshow turned to Garrison, "First Sergeant, I understand you command a cruiser of your own."

"Yes, ECV-Ashdod is currently deployed to Syrion space."

"Well then, Commander Garrison, I accept your offer. Lieutenant Commander Williams I want you to secure the funds transfer and see to the repairs personaly - right now, go! If you have a problem with this, tell Commander Crossgrove I said so, and he can deal with me if he wants." canshow then turned to Rick, Shingen and Badman, "Gentlemen, if you'll come with me."

[/RP]

[RP ON]

"He what?" said Commander Crossgrove irately.

"Commander canshow took the three individuals from my custody and is escorting them directly to the Admiral," repeated Lieutenant Commander Williams.

"Thank you for the update, Williams," said Crossgrove as he turned off the vidscreen.

Crossgrove was angry. One thing he disapproved of was junior officers involving themselves into issues they had no business being into. And most of all, he strongly disapproved of junior officers disobeying orders. The Insurgents had a chain of command to follow and he expected all officers to follow it. He made a mental note to meet with canshow and discipline him for this incident.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Admiral ShoHashi sat in one of his office's comfortable recliners reading an early 20th century book. He was fond of these old antique books and to him it was much more satisfying to read from a book the old fashioned way instead of via monitor. He was deeply engrossed in the book when his vidscreen beeped. He put the book down and looked up at the screen.

"Vidscreen on," he said and the screen turned on to show the face of Commander Crossgrove.

"Sorry to interrupt you sir, but the representative your were expecting is here. He claims his name is Garrison of Vanguard Fleet," said Crossgrove.

ShoHashi placed the book on the nearby table and rose from the recliner.

"Send him up. Let's hear what he has to say," said ShoHashi.

"He should be there in a few minutes," Crossgrove said. "One other thing. He is not alone. There are two other individuals with him. They've all been screened."

"That's fine," replied ShoHashi. "Vidscreen off."

ShoHashi strode over behind his desk and sat down.

"Garrison," thought ShoHashi. He was sure he had heard of that name somewhere.

[RP OFF]

/*

........ ôhow do I validate an assertion that baffles my mind. I am realising that there is much I have to learn about this time and place; so much has happened in the multiple millennia since my demiseö, Badman's thought's plagued him. His struggle with his own circumstances and identity directly mirrored the dumb-founding information he was entrusted to carry.

Now that he had a name for this ôunnamed oneö, he was still not sure of which identity to associate with the man. Was he to be aligned with? If so, the military handle would surely suffice. Was he to be trusted and befriended? in which case his first name would come naturally. And Surname ... only if neither applied.

ôI must take what I 'think' I know to the highest ranking or wisest person I can find, in the shortest amount of timeö. Something in both of these men, Garrison and Shingen, instilled a level of trust that Badman instinctively knew from the battlefields of blood; but he also knew the frailty of men's souls.

Should he tell them?

As they walked toward Admiral ShoHashi's office, Badman's choice to act now and entrust these men, or deliver his ômessageö to the Admiral, was becoming more urgent. And yet a third option; now that he knew of Garrison's plans, should he infiltrate Galcom purely with the intent of reaching a leader within?

ôWait Gentlemen, I am sure that these matters are of great importance to your lives, those too of your friends and families, and from what I have seen so far would become important to mine, but there is something that happened between my old life and this new. I still can't quite separate my dreams from reality, and am not entirely sure if I lay on a deathbed of delirium, but as sure as I think that I am here, I have words that I must say; words that may play host to the tangibility of our very existenceö.

Shingen looked at Badman as if he already knew him, but was sure it was only from a dream.

*/

[RP]

ShoHashi's office door chimed, just as he had resumed reading his book. "Come in." The door opened and canshow led the three visitors in. "Please," the Admiral said, gesturing to the four chairs in front of his desk. "Make yourselves comfortable."

As the three took their seats, canshow introduced them as seated across from ShoHashi's left to right, "Admiral ShoHashi, may I introduce Shingen, Richard Garrison, and Badman. Garrison is the EarthCom rep."

ShoHashi placed a flexible, paper-thin datapad into his book, marking his place, "A pleasure, gentlemen. May I get you anything?"

"I'm fine, thank you." Rick said as Shingen and Badman gave no response.

canshow stepped forward. "And now, sir, if you'll excuse me, I have my own ship and personnel to look after. ICV-Daedalus will be departing for Antis within the hour, as you ordered last week."

"Very good, dismissed." came the reply from across the desk. The Insurgent Commander saluted his leader and, after the Admiral returned it, made his exit.

----------

canshow descended the escalader from ShoHashi's office and headed for the lower docking pylon. At least this wasn't another cargo run. God only knew why the IHC (Insurgent High Command) didn't allocate more of its armed transports to such duties, rather than leaving it to carriers like his. But not this time, canshow thought as he marveled at the Gammulan Quadrant stars visible through the forcefield roof of the promenade (the actual roof being retracted during these hours of the day). ShoHashi had ordered him and his 117-strong crew to conduct a mock battle with forces from Spectre HQ. Among other ordnance, they'd be firing real missiles with real, but deactivated, warheads. Without an explosion, simple impact from a six thousand kilo missile against even a shieldless fighter's hull plating could be repaired in short order. Commander canshow had even arranged with his combat officer to use actual beam and pulse laser weapons - dialed down to 1% intensity - instead of the harmless stuff that the 'commies normally employed for their training exercises.

As canshow passed by New Frontier's Operations section, he saw Crossgrove approach and say, "Commander, a word." canshow glanced at his chronometer and noted he still had plenty of time before scheduled departure. "Certainly, Commander." He replied as they both walked into Crossgrove's office. Crossgrove took his seat and glanced at three pads before speaking. "Commander canshow, you and I have a problem."

"Oh?"

"I don't appreciate you involving yourself into issues you have no business being into. And most of all, I strongly disapprove of junior officers disobeying orders. The Insurgents have a chain of command to follow and I expect all officers to follow it." Crossgrove pause there, knowing better than to dole out disciplinary action before allowing canshow to deny, admitt, or defend what he did.

canshow was offended at being addressed in this manner by an equal ranked officer. However, Crossgrove was technically senior to him in that he received his rank of Commander 3 months before canshow. In any case, canshow took a deep breath to maintain his composure before answering the charge. "Commander, I would hardly call a Lieutenant Commander, such as Williams, a junior officer - not after he and his first officer fought valiantly to save their Garid-class ICV Hornet from inevidable Valkerie destruction last spring."

Crossgrove's eyes narrowed, "Don't lecture me about loosing one's ship and getting a desk job to show for it. That's how I got command of this station - by failing my crew! Do you thing I enjoy just sitting here watching you, RT, dreadx and others go out there where all the action is, while I stay here? But back to the point. I was referring to you, Commander canshow, as a junior officer. When ShoHashi put me in charge here, he made me his adjunct. That means I exercise his authority over all Insurgent personnel who operate out of this station - including other Commanders."

"Very well then - sir. Even though I'm based at Spectre HQ, not here at New Frontier, I acknowledge your jourisdiction and authority in this matter. I received no orders to 'mind my own business', which BTW is to train with Spectre forces tomorrow before proceeding on to starstation Destiny." canshow consulted his cronometer again, noting five fewer minutes remained until his ship's departure. "I recognize that Lieutenant Commander Williams is not directly under my command, but your command. I simply saw red tape - ironic for the Insurgents to have - and I took unilateral action to correct it. I do apologize for stepping on your toes in the process."

Crossgrove pressed a few buttons on his datapad and said, "Apology accepted, Commander canshow. I have sent a report to Vice Admiral Eclipse, your Commanding Officer at Spectre HQ. We are finished here, dismissed."

canshow offered no salute as he left Crossgrove's office. His communicator beeped, a message from his own XO. "Report, Lieutenant."

"Commander, we're ready to leave." canshow sighed, "Yeah, me too."

[/RP]

Ok guys, being that this RP isn't using timestamps, it's kinda hard to keep track of where everyone is relative to everyone else.

IÆm going to introduce another character, which IÆll also play, and also IÆll move back to where I was on the Deathstrike, during the initial boarding, and work from thereà

It might take me a few posts to catch up, but itÆll all work out. IÆll mark this post here and edit it when I have my posts finished.

I would ask that no one post yet until I can get caught up, which will be asap, within the next few hours.

post mark

[RP]

Mariko awoke, in a crumpled mess against the north wall of her personal quarters. Her left shoulder was dislocated, and a film of dried blood cascaded down her face.

Shaking herself into consciousness, she placed her shoulder against the corner of the wall and shoved! The socket popped back into place and sent her back into unconsciousness.

She awoke again, without time. Eventually..she stood..and focused. She went into a mental state of mushin and redirected the pain into a compartment.

Once she could concentrate, she looked around. Several bodies filled her apartment. One she recognized immediately. Ensign Tyler lie in the bloodied state of death. She has a memory of playing 7 card stud with him..the applicable cards lay scattered across the floor. She noticed that he was most certainly dead. A lake of dried blood ran beath him.

The next thing she noticed was the Gammulan corpses littered around. She counted seven. The Gammulans green tinted blood mixed with the red of the ensigns, making a macabre brown tint across the extent of her floor.

She rose. Steadied. Found her balance. She headed for command.

[/RP]

One more post to catch up