All Aspect Warfare / Angle Of Attack V1.00.35

Supreme Cmdr

These patches have been released and can be obtained via the "Check For Updates" shortcut. The Steam versions will be available later today once Valve makes them available.

All Aspect Warfare Changelog

Angle Of Attack Changelog

Any idea about when Valve will get off its ass and push out the patches? I would ask this over in the Steam forums, but my user id is in the queue for posting rights.

This is an interesting topic SC ...... one that prompted me to buy it on D2D instead of Steam (I would have preferred Steam because we all?? have it's client running perm), but my timing window carved the way.

I still prefer "grab and run" patching to a background bandwidth sucking leech (lmao).................

Yah. The issue with Steam is that we have no control over patch releases. And its not just a matter of packing up the patch. On our end, we pack up the patch, upload it, post about it and the mirrors pick it up as well.

With Steam, there is a process that is more involved. Patches have to be built using Steam's tools. When thats done, it has to be uploaded. Then they have to check it, approve it, then make it available. Since they have lots of products, there is a queue. Hence the delay.

But the fact is that it doesn't matter where you buy your games online; only the patching is a hassle. But of course Steam has a lot of advantages.

I still prefer "grab and run" patching to a background bandwidth sucking leech (lmao).................

Considering that Steam downloads are quite fast, there is little difference between downloading the patch directly or let the Steam client do it for you.

If you need the bandwidth you can always put the updating on hold until you want the download to happen.

I see really no difference apart from the little delay in patch releasing.