A Few Questions...

starlord

First of all, well done in complementing the space sim catalogue with one more title. Those look highly entertaining and are likely to end on my purchase list soon.

However, based on the descriptions of both games, I do have a few questions:

As it is, I understand that angle of attack corresponds to the air campaign in the AAW scenario (which is my primary interest), however, the description also lists all aspect warfare of having aerial/space campaigns itself. Therefore, should I purchase both, knowing that my sole interest in those games is fighter/gunship piloting?

Also, it seems the games have been released, but I can find infos only related to their demos... Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you for your patience, your time, and your games.

sincerely.

mikael.

The AAW campaign is focused mainly on ground combat, though occasionaly you may have to pilot an aircraft.

AoA is purely aerial combat, with the ground combat part cut off. The campaigns for both games ARENT similar at all. If you're only interested in aerial combat, buy AoA, but you wont be able to play with AAW players who have a more 'complete' game.

Also, neither AAW nor AoA feature ANY space combat. It's all planetary ops.

For purchasing, you may want to check the game's website: http://www.3000ad.com/aaw/purchase/

Many thanks for the precision: I think I'll buy both.

I thought that 3000 had a private store however (that's how I bought galcom ES).

Since I'm interested in buying the game to then engrave it and play it on a non internet connected comp, I've seen steem offer both as a dual pack (war pack). I just need to be sure that it's not a subscription/online only service like gametap first... Can anyone here confirm that?

best regards to all, your help is very precious...

mikael.

If you need both, so yeah, buy the All Aspect War Pack

If you don't have Steam - and don't want it - you can buy the same All Aspect War Pack from Direct2Drive. Though you should get the Steam version because we have a bunch of Steam specific updates (e.g. leaderboards and such) coming soon.

There is no subscription or anything like that. If you already have Steam - and you like it - buy it from Steam. Otherwise get it from Direct2Drive.

We don't have the games up on our own store yet because we're moving from RegNow to the main Digital River site. Should be done by the end of the month.

oh ho! next project? :) space sim? (no wait, there's knightblade...), galcom ES 2? I can hardly wait...

Also, forgive me for not seeing but what are leatherboards? by letherboards and such, do you imply also more scenarios (like the steam BC millenium gold once had over the standard retail version)?

• 2 weeks later...
So I take it this is not the case then...

Also wondering, when AAW is mentionned as CURRENTLY only available via online distribution, does it mean there might be a plan of it going retail in the future?

There are currently no plans to release the game at retail.

Oh well, I somewhat expected that!

But by my first question I mostly mean, does the steam version of aaw feature things like exclusive scenarios or campaigns (like the case of battlecruiser millenium gold: there was an instant scenario which I think was proper to the steam version alone)...

Unless you later plan to release the steam AAW extras as downloadable content later on...