Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:23 AM
You could also add a tax system of some sort where the people in the fleet have to pay like, 1% of their balance everyday or periodically. Good way to earn money for the fleet, which brings me to another point.
Give the fleets bank funds in which the leader, and people who are given the privilege, can withdraw out. And anyone can put money in anytime other than taxes.
Now, if you made the trading system flexible enough, I.E. credits are always valuable throughout the game and are always used, and money never becomes worthless, then this should work.
*that was just something to add to fleets since we are talking about them*
Now as for joining a fleet, you could implement one of the following:
1) Public fleet option - If you request to join, you're automatically accepted without fleet review.
2) Private Fleet option - You can request to join, like with a little box where you can tell about yourself/what the fleet wants to know about you before you're let in.
Now, you could also add a fee to join a fleet, or the fleet leaders can. Or, you could add a fee to create a fleet.
Now, assuming there are already default fleets, players can make sub-fleets under a specific default fleet (if there are anyway, like GalCom, EarthCom, etc.. This is probably rubbish.)
For managing the fleet, you could try what previous people suggested.
1) Set ranks, custom ranks, and have certain privileges come with those ranks like withdrawing out of a fleet fund, or w/e.
2) Seniority. If people have been in the fleet for a certain amount of time, or contributed so much to the fleet, they gain an automatic rank/privilege, with the fleet leader always being on top.
3) Voting out the leader. Now obviously, the fleet leader should be able to kick members, but probably not when people are voting for a new leader.
4) Approval system. Have a council with-in the fleet, that could be consisted of 4-10 members. They can accept new applicants, decide whether the fleet leader has the authority to do something. Just like the supreme court system in the U.S. or the senate. The fleet leader picks the people, and let them do their thing.
This eases stress of the leader, and lets other fleet members get involved with the fleet. Just like how the Maya had Tribal chiefs, and then Nobles under them to do certain tasks.
5) Command staff. Each person controls their own wing/members.
a. People could request to be transferred to a wing.
Insurgent Central Command
There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die.
1.Windows 7 64-bit
2.Intel Core i5 cpu 650 @ 3.20 GHz
4.Radeon HD 5570 1GB