Bcm Wont Attempt To Run

some1too

im sure everyone is exausted by these sort of problems, but please bear with me. i recently downloaded the bcm freeware, installed it, but when i double click the shortcut it doesnt even attempt to run. idk what the problem is, ive read the faq and many posts but cannot find any solutions. It never ran, not an error message, black screen. Nothing. i have the latest direct x and windows media player, i tried it /n thing and it didnt change anything.

Please help

Are you running the game from an account with administrator rights?

Also, did you try redownloading it? It may be a corrupt download.

Also, if everything else fails, you can download the Universal Combat version that was released for free several months ago, and is basically BCM on steroids.

it wasnt a corrupt download b/c i redownloaded it... Ill try UC

ok i installed Universal combat smoothly and the same thing is happening, when i run UC all that happens is the little hour glass pops next to the mouse pointer. thats it. exactly whats going on with bcm...

it wasnt a corrupt download b/c i redownloaded it... Ill try UC

ok i installed Universal combat smoothly and the same thing is happening, when i run UC all that happens is the little hour glass pops next to the mouse pointer. thats it. exactly whats going on with bcm...

The only way we'll be able to help you better is if you post your compuer specs - much like how most of us have it in our signatures.

Also, try running the game in compat mode though I don't hold much luck in that working since compat mode is a very buggy system in my opinion.

Microsoft windows xp

Intel[R] Pentium[R] 4 CPU 1.80GHz

768MB of RAM

my graphics card is wierd... in Device Manager it says this:

?video controller (VGA Compatible)

what does that mean? is this the problem? sorry for not posting my info in the first place

It means your graphics card is standard with your model. And if it's like a 2005 model and earlier(maybe 2006), it probably won't have a nvidia geforce video card or other ones now used in most recent built PC's.

Im on a 2002 windows XP home edition with an intel« video card of somesort or maybe thats my driver. (right now, i use 2 computers)

When i first installed BCM on this computer and ran it ONCE, my whole system crashed and i had to get a new ram stick or something and reformat the computer. -_-*

Probably the same problem with you, this PC is 2.666GHZ and has 768MB of ram.

The ram, space, video card, or your 1.8GHZ is the likely culprit in this mess.

Now im not saying your whole system would crash if you tried to run BCM correctly, but i'd suggest to upgrade your dell's video card, Ram, and etc. If you're not that crafty, buy a newer computer if you have the money.

It could just be a simple compatibility issue, or you're computer is trying to protect you by being a peice of crap.

Or it could be a virus/malware messing with you.

Im still waiting on that wire transfer 3000AD.

There is no video card driver installed in the system so you card can operate in compatibility mode to make you able to run your PC and use windows.

Dunno how it performs with other games but BCM requires some horsepower from the video card and if you don't install the correct driver it is unlikely it will run.

You need to know what card you have installed, at least the maker (nVidia, ATI,....) and model/series. Then, go to the website and download the most updated driver for that card and install it.

That may solve the problem is your PC meets the minimum requirements for the game.

This sounds almost like a PC that is not being kept up-to-date; I know I lax a bit on Windows Updates (due to my 3D Modeling hobby that takes up a lot of my time now-a-days) but irregardless you should 'never' run a video-card without it's driver! -_-

(I know some cards can run without it, but doing so pretty makes it worthless to have a card yes?)

Either way, update all of your drivers and make certain you system is clean - defrag as well for good measure. If it still doesn't work, then it might be something else.

Microsoft windows xp

Intel[R] Pentium[R] 4 CPU 1.80GHz

768MB of RAM

my graphics card is wierd... in Device Manager it says this:

?video controller (VGA Compatible)

what does that mean? is this the problem? sorry for not posting my info in the first place

As all the other boyz are saying - that is a huge problem right there. This "?video controller (VGA Compatible)" means that you have no video drivers loaded for your video chipset. You are going to need to find out what card (maybe even on-board) video processor you have. Open the case and check. If I have to explain any further then I will have to go and puke into my technology ignorance bag (I'm only half joking) -_-.

Your amount of RAM is suspicious too. 768mb means that you have 256mb + 256mb / 128mb + 128mb ... or ... 512mb + 256mb DIMM modules. Either way I almost guarantee that they are unmatched pairs, which could cause all kinds of memory timing issues, and a machine that is flaky as hell.

I would be surprised if this system could run any games at all.