XBox 360 Elite

ShoHashi

My brother picked this up last week as an early Christmas present for my family along with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. So far, I'm liking what I see with it. I never realized you can use Netflix through it, stream videos from your computer to it, etc. Pretty cool device.

What I'd like to ask to you XBox 360 owners is what "must have" accessories do you recommend for it? I already bought the wireless adapter.

-Sho

Get a Logitech remote if you're going to be watching DVD movies or using Netflix. And if you need a headset, don't get the MS branded ones - they're expensive for no apparent reason other than branding.

Also note that unless you have a Gold account, you won't have access to Netflix from the XB360. Which is why I stream Netflix through my PS3 and on the PC I just use their web player which works very well.

My brother picked this up last week as an early Christmas present for my family along with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. So far, I'm liking what I see with it. I never realized you can use Netflix through it, stream videos from your computer to it, etc. Pretty cool device.

What I'd like to ask to you XBox 360 owners is what "must have" accessories do you recommend for it? I already bought the wireless adapter.

-Sho

A PS 3 It doesn't cost $50.00 a year to get on their network. :D

Get a Logitech remote if you're going to be watching DVD movies or using Netflix.

Good point on the Logitech remote. Any particular model or is there only just one for the XBox?

It already came with the headset, so no need to worry about that.

A PS 3 It doesn't cost $50.00 a year to get on their network.

So true, Wolferz! It was a gift, what can I say? :D Maybe a PS3 sometime down the road.

-Sho

Ok....I don't really like playing Modern Warfare 2 on the 360. Just can't seem to get the hang of the controller. IMHO, I'm better at Modern Warefare on the PC with the old mouse and keyboard combo.

I am sorta hooked on the Guitar Hero series. However with this, I've noticed, I can't play too long or the television starts to zoom in and out! :D When that happens, I have to take a break.

-Sho

I agree Sho, I actually use a Logitech trackball and a Nostromo SpeedPad n52 for all my gaming needs on my PC (except flight and space sims of course where the Saitek gets hammered, or racing games where I pull out the wheel / pedals)

.... must admit though that I am enjoying Uncharted 2 on the PS3 :-).

You should rig your controller, for the smoother controls

I don't know canshow, there's just something unnatural using a gamepad when one has used a mouse and keyboard forever! :D

-Sho