Supreme Cmdr

• 2 weeks later...

The first movie I ever saw in 3D.

Now I'm afraid that if I see any other 3D movies I'll be disappointed.

11/10.

The general plot regarding the Jake Sully character in some ways reminded me of C.J. Cherryh's "Faded Sun" trilogy (surtac officer Sten Duncan).

I loved the movie, but the end battle bugged me. I can understand why they wanted to be up close and personal for the Tree battle to minimize damage to the ore vein...but for the finale, wouldn't it have been just simpler and faster to 'nuke the site from orbit'?

• 1 month later...
Just saw it the other day, and i loved it.

Too bad theres not gunnuh be anothuh one D:

Where did you hear that?

Well think about it. Avatar was like once in a lifetime movie and you can't really make a sequel to it (maybe a prequel but come on)

What would the next movie be about? How they fight off some other clans, or fight off the sky people who came back? I just don't see it being extended.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw it and enjoyed it immensely. I willingly open myself to ridicule and admit that I cried more than once. Some have labeled the story as trite, and some have accused Cameron of conservative bashing. I disagree with both assessments. As long as it is told with passion and skill, I don't think any story can be overused. Conservatives are often associated with capitalism and corporate greed and this comparison is not entirely undeserved but I know that most of my conservative friends are just as appalled by the subjugation of a people in pursuit of their natural resources. What our ancestors did to the American Indians is the parallel I drew from the movie, and while what happened cannot be undone, I think is ok to be reminded of it from time to time. Sorry, I'm way off topic. Great movie. I won't watch it again until 3D TV. That was the best 3D experience I ever had. Guess it is time to go see a movie in IMAX 3D.