Terran Alter Ego Appearance

Darien

Hail to the Supreme Commander :D and all other Players!!

I am brand new to the Unervisal Combat Series and I am absolutely enchanted with this game and fascinated by its depth, even though I get my ass kicked on a frightenly regular basis, I still love it. But that is beside the point.

In most of the games I play, I like create an avatarthat looks somewhat like me. It helps to immerse me into the game world and improves my enjoyment many fold. That being said, I was wondering if there was a way to change the appearance of the Terran AE, as I really don't look like a six foot white guy with dark hair(more like a 6'2" black man with thinning hair). Not this takes away from my enjoyment of this game, but it would help me enjoy it more if I could change it.

Is this possible? Please let me know!

Thank You very much!!

Darien Huey

Hello Darien, and welcome!

Unluckily, work on UCCE has been terminated I guess (except for support such as bugs fixing), so I can't see there being any modifications to it as of now.

However, I guess you could submit your request in the Galactic command Online forum, since that's where the work is currently put into.

I am brand new to the Unervisal Combat Series and I am absolutely enchanted with this game and fascinated by its depth, even though I get my ass kicked on a frightenly regular basis, I still love it. But that is beside the point.

In most of the games I play, I like create an avatarthat looks somewhat like me. It helps to immerse me into the game world and improves my enjoyment many fold. That being said, I was wondering if there was a way to change the appearance of the Terran AE, as I really don't look like a six foot white guy with dark hair(more like a 6'2" black man with thinning hair). Not this takes away from my enjoyment of this game, but it would help me enjoy it more if I could change it.

Thank You very much!!

Darien Huey

I don't know if this would work or not (probably not), but...

In the directory Program Files/3000AD/Universal Combat Collectors Edition/gfx (I'm running linux at the moment, so the directory seperators are backwards from the MS Windows point of view), you'll find the file frontend_interface.zip. In that zip archive, you'll find the file career_fcmdr.bmp. You could try replacing that file in the zip archive with another bmp image of the same size.

I'd strongly suggest copying the original frontend_interface.zip file to a save place before you mess around with it. Worst case would be that UCCE won't start at all (checksum mismatch), so you just put the old file back.

Thank You very much!!

Darien Huey

That's a pretty accurate description of the SC. :) You guys twins? :)