Docking at Space Station

FritzTheCat

Hi All,

When I first found BCM it was the game I had been waiting for. Between the amazing number of control and gameplay options, and the ability to command a wide array of vehicles and to enter first person mode I'm in gamer heaven for a long time.

I recently got back into UCSE and remembered an issue I had when switching from BCM to UCE: the time it takes to approach a space station close enough to dock. After I exit hyperspace I need to fly roughly 80 km to dock. This takes about two minutes or so. With BCM there were afterburners and time compression, but I can't find anything like that in UCSE.

Am I missing an obvious control or setting option or something? Or is there another way to approach the ship faster to dock?

Please help as I love playing this amazing game, but having to wait two minutes at every space station breaks up the game experience for me.

Thanks in advance,

fritz

Try setting course to the supply dock instead of the space station. That way you exit hyperspace right by the station.

And no, there's nothing else you can do to speed up the process instead of going at maximum speed. And if you dont like the wait, you can always try shooting things around the station (not the spacestation itsself, or your screwed)

Hyperspacing to the supply station takes you 0-2 KMs away from the space station usually. Not sure if its the same in UCSE, but in UCCE miscellaneous objects are disabled by default. So you might have to turn them on at first.

Thanks to both for the tip. This was very helpful.