What Universal Combat to buy?

Hi all.

I did have a long time ago the normal Universal Combat game but it was so bugged i could not play it for long :(

So i really miss the game and now i see there new versions out ?

Does the Collectors Edition v2.0 version add much over the normal (free) version.

1 more question if some one could help me out with is when i had UC i could never track or locate troops/ships or anything i sent down to a planet and that was a game stopper for me.

I mite of missed some thing on the map screen lol

Thanks for any help.

I personnaly would buy the (non-2.0) Collectors Edition. It's stable and has all features, scenarios and campaigns from the previous BC/UC games. Really, if you can, go for it it's a great game.

As for the planet thing, what d oyou really mean? If you can't locate them at all, maybe you should use the ZOOM TO button on tacops when observing.

Hi thanks for the reply.

From what i remember is when your looking at the planet map it was so big that if you did not know 100% where your troops where you could lose them easy on the big map screen without any icons or function to zoom to location on your troops.

And you say the non-2.0 has all the updates and latest fix's if so then thanks :(

Does the Special Edition have the same patch fix's and upgrades ?

Cheers.

All right, so the ZOOM button (in tacops) really is what you need. It will open a menu asking you what type of asset you're looking for: select Support crafts and select your deployed asset. IIRC, it will NOT list marines, so you'll have to look for them by hand (but you should already know where they are if you TPed/deployed them somewhere).

The 2.0 also has all the bug fixes and nice graphics. I wouldn't recommend it though, as you can't play multiplayer and I feel it's less polished.

The 2.0 also has all the bug fixes and nice graphics. I wouldn't recommend it though, as you can't play multiplayer and I feel it's less polished.

Yes, it does not have multiplayer; but less polished? Really? Thats the first I'm hearing of this. Please explain because I'm probably missing something.

Ahah, I knew this would wake the dragon!

Eh, as I said, it's a feeling. As you may remember, I helped test the 2.0 version, and always felt the testing process wasn't given enough time (unlike, say, AAW, which we spent long months helping you iron it out). I won't elaborate more here, as it is not the place though, but I think I still have the 2.0 version somewhere, so I'll do some more testing to back my claims.

heh, there is nothing to test in 2.0 AFAIK. I didn't even release a final version until much much later, so you must not have played that version. Apart from the graphics improvements and some feature tweaks, 2.0 has the same underlying framework as the original game so it simply can't be that unpolished than the original.

The only thing that really sticks out to me in V2.0 is the fact ODS units don't seem to fire anymore. In V1.01.04 if I go anywhere near them I'm blown to pieces but in V2.0 I can blast them with PTAs all day long. But back on topic, get v1.0 if you want MP, v2.0 if your rig can handle it and you don't mind not having MP.

Thanks all for the advice i think i would go for 2.0 version then as i like updated graphics lol

I downloaded the free version of UC tokeep me going till pay day but i can't seem get into windows mode for the life of me

I did try -w in the shortcut but still goes full screen and hard to follow the tutorial alt tabbing all the time :(

Cheers.

Silly me forgot to add the 1 lol :(