UCCE v2.0 free upgrade

Diocide

I bought Universal Combat CE when it first came out, and stopped playing cause i hated having to put in a dvd every time i played and, there was no crack for it anywhere on the internet, and now i check the site and see that UCCE got updated to 2.0 for free but that offer is no longer valid? Why wasn't i emailed about this? Now that i have money i might consider buying 2.0 but its really stupid that the free offer isn't available now. Anyone know where i can buy 2.0 ONLINE i absolutely do not want to play with a dvd. i want a download able version but i don't see 2.0 on direct 2 drive.com

First off, what in your right mind made you think about using a crack? You HAVE to use a DVD, unless you download the damn thing. Go download a crack and risk getting trojaned.

Second off, you probably didn't get emailed because there's no little auto-email to every forum user when there's a game update. If you like it, you should bother checking the forums.

If you actually bothered reading through the forums, you'd find what your looking for. If you 'Hate' putting the CD in the CD-ROM, then stop using it. It's that simple. It's not hard to put the CD, wait a couple of minutes, and then get to the playing. UCCE is meant to be a long game, so yeah, your going to hate it if you only play for like 15 minutes and then take the CD out.

And what makes you think 2.0 will make you play without a CD? You still need the CD. And you need a good rig to handle the newer graphics for it 2.

So which UCCE 2.0 link would you like to use?

or

#2?

I don't play games without a crack period, anyone that does just ruins cds/dvds and its a pain in the ass putting in a dvd everytime especially when you do it tries to Extract the game again on UCCE and you have to manually ctr-alt-del and end the process. I did already see a place to buy it online, but someone said he had problems with it. I mainly just wanted to tell everyone that, a update was free and now isn't and that is bs.

If you 'Hate' putting the CD in the CD-ROM, then stop using it. It's that simple. It's not hard to put the CD, wait a couple of minutes, and then get to the playing. UCCE is meant to be a long game, so yeah, your going to hate it if you only play for like 15 minutes and then take the CD out.

I did hate putting in a cd so much i did stop playing it. Thats why i didn't check the website and find out about the update.

Um, turn auto-play off if it makes you extract it. Or just press cancel when it shows up. Then double click on the UCCE shortcut on your desktop and play.

I've had my UCCE copy for over a year, and it still works fine when i put it in my cd-rom.

Just because that one guy had problems buying from the website, doesn't mean you will to. He probably had something screwed up on his computer, and isn't smart enough to find the problem and fix it.

The update is still free BTW.

Um, turn auto-play off if it makes you extract it. Or just press cancel when it shows up. Then double click on the UCCE shortcut on your desktop and play.

I've had my UCCE copy for over a year, and it still works fine when i put it in my cd-rom.

Just because that one guy had problems buying from the website, doesn't mean you will to. He probably had something screwed up on his computer, and isn't smart enough to find the problem and fix it.

The update is still free BTW.

ok found the update but i think I'm going to just buy a download able version. I hate putting in a cd/dvd. But i don't regret buying the box cause i like having the box and the books that came with it. I just thought someone would have cracked it by now. But no one really knows about this game.

Ok so if i buy UCCE on D2D, then update with UCCE_2_0_UPG_DR.exe from here

http://games.on.net/file/26518/Universal_C...l_River_version

i will have the 2.0 version?

Geez guys, having that kind of discussion on a CD/DVD in a readr seems a little odd here.

Just leave the disk in so you can play in a second without worrying...... or are you the kind that plays a different game each day?

Well..no problem the same, you'll only have to put the disk in once.

you're free to do as you wish in regard to cracks and that kind of stuff, just remember that those things are illegal and talking about it in the maker forum may not be the smartest thing to do.

No need to go on.....discussion closed.

I bought Universal Combat CE when it first came out, and stopped playing cause i hated having to put in a dvd every time i played and, there was no crack for it anywhere on the internet, and now i check the site and see that UCCE got updated to 2.0 for free but that offer is no longer valid? Why wasn't i emailed about this? Now that i have money i might consider buying 2.0 but its really stupid that the free offer isn't available now. Anyone know where i can buy 2.0 ONLINE i absolutely do not want to play with a dvd. i want a download able version but i don't see 2.0 on direct 2 drive.com

Because it was a limited time offer and we don't send out emails which usually just get stuck in spam filters anyway.

There are many places where you can buy v2.0, if you actually bothered to look. Starting with our store pages.

If i buy http://www.direct2drive.com/5229/product/B...dition-Download at d2d then use this update http://www.gamershell.com/download_45220.shtml , I will have UCCE 2.0? Just want to make sure before i buy it on D2D. I'd rather buy UCCE original, then upgrade to 2.0, than buy 2.0 and realize my computer can't handle it, or i want to make a mod. Thanks in advance.

Yes, that upgrade will work.

If i buy http://www.direct2drive.com/5229/product/B...dition-Download at d2d then use this update http://www.gamershell.com/download_45220.shtml , I will have UCCE 2.0? Just want to make sure before i buy it on D2D. I'd rather buy UCCE original, then upgrade to 2.0, than buy 2.0 and realize my computer can't handle it, or i want to make a mod. Thanks in advance.

Ok thanks gonna buy it pretty soon, just wanted to make sure. Been wanting to play a good space game again and this game is really good.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok thanks gonna buy it pretty soon, just wanted to make sure. Been wanting to play a good space game again and this game is really good.

anywhere else to download the 2.0 upgrade? there's no link anymore at gamershell to download it. I have the d2d version.