Dynamic or Static Universe

Vadise

So far, I (FAL/COM) remained in the Falkerie Sector, I placed probes all over it which include 3 or so areas and the Gammulan Mantis Station's area past the wormhole.

I did that for security reasons, to know when it is the right time to emerge and trade my minerals. But I noticed that there is absolutely no activty in the sectors I have my probes on, in fact there is no activity in the Falkerie Sector. But whenever I emerge into Cygni Station's Area, the place is flooded with both, friendly, neutral and hostile targets, some of which have cloaking system, so that would explain how they made it past my probes. But others are just Transports and non cloak capable ships.

Only other navigational unit there is, is a Fluxfield, and NPCs dont use it, so it is out of question.

So how does this work exactly? NPCs just happen to be created at the navigation units without passing through the obligatory area that links the navigation unit to my current area?

Also NPC ships that flee to planets disappear? I tried to follow them with Tacops many times and they just disappear.

There might be no activity in those sectors because you haven't went in those sectors yourself and activated them. If you don't fly your AE there, NPC regeneration isn't going to activate in that sector. But generally, activity does seem to stop or decline dramatically if you leave that sector. (There are a few exceptions)

NPCs do use fluxfields

NPC units are spawned near navigational objects, 20-500km from any jumpgate or wormhole, and sometimes in random space. Read my top sentence.

Yes, NPC ships that flee to planets DO disapear. Thats how they exit the gameworld. 0% chance of finding them ever again.

Canshow seems to be right on the fact that ships are spawned whenever I enter an area, so having a probe in the surrounding areas is not going to help to avoid being attacked, correct?

To be more presise the probes are located in LV-103, LV-104, LV-105 and Mantisi. Regardless of what LV you are in, you get no early warning from a probe.

And since all the mentioned areas are already active (SC's Statement), do they/should they work differently?