Zombie Mod

tbclycan

Well I was watching Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D and when Alice was doing her video log in her plain I thought of UCCE, then I got an idea, what if someone made the popular zombie mod that every game seems to have now on one server at least, and make a downloadable single/multiplayer mod where Earth was overrun by the zombie apocalypse and it would be rare for living to attack living, even military and insurgents, and undead would not attack undead and instead it would ban together (although living will sometimes fight eachother, maybe even backstab) and the zombies can kill and dead become zombies after a while, but sometimes someone survives a zombie attack and lives to eventually become ill, die, and become a zombie which could lead to an infected living being aboard a shuttle of survives off Earth (some NPCs will be civilians trying to survive, and they may have bases and cities that are being either city-wide or planet-wide evacuated, difference being a city-wide evac means they are just going to say, get out of town and a planet wide would be less common in cities and more common on military style bases with air/space shuttles to evac civilians off the planet) and perhaps an infected living could be transported, and either go zombie onboard the ship or the inhabitable planet they land on. Players would NEVER play zombies because they would die, therefore being brought to a KIA screen and ending the game for them and leaving a multiplayer corpse for their friends if they were playing online. This would be pretty cool because you would have such vast area to play on and it will truely make a zombie apocalypse feel. This means instead of some story-mode game where you play on a track of objectives or some zombie mod where you have some map to play on you would instead have an actual replica of the Earth and a couple universes to play on.

So what I am asking is if anyone can create or help me create this?

While i like this idea, there are alot of problems.

1) UCCE's planet engine cannot handle the sheer amount of zombies and such events occuring at the same time, especially if there are a lot of zombies and interaction happening in one zone.

2) Someone would need to make the models and textures

--a) The models would have to be something like 8 pixel models so that the lag wouldn't start to build up. But terrible graphics of zombies would probably ruin the experience.

3) You would need SC himself to make this mod for you. Only he (and maybe his team) know how everything runs and there would be a sheer amount of coding involved in order to make a mod that resembles a zombie game in any way.

4) Whois going to play the mod? Sure, there may be a bunch of people who play UCCE, but there only exists a small community who access the forums and the recent news. So much work for 1, two hundred people maybe?

5) There is too much space between zones and regions for any kind of fortresses and etc. Even if you were to crunch up the planet, the citizes are probably the size of 1-3 supercarriers.

Just my input.

3) You would need SC himself to make this mod for you. Only he (and maybe his team) know how everything runs and there would be a sheer amount of coding involved in order to make a mod that resembles a zombie game in any way.

And with that said; If that is truly the case though then I'm somewhat certain that the SC won't make a mod of that sort, or any sort, for UCCE. After all, he'd have to take away resources from his current development along with personnel and put it into something that may, or may not, even be played.

While i like this idea, there are alot of problems.

1) UCCE's planet engine cannot handle the sheer amount of zombies and such events occuring at the same time, especially if there are a lot of zombies and interaction happening in one zone.

2) Someone would need to make the models and textures

--a) The models would have to be something like 8 pixel models so that the lag wouldn't start to build up. But terrible graphics of zombies would probably ruin the experience.

4) Whois going to play the mod? Sure, there may be a bunch of people who play UCCE, but there only exists a small community who access the forums and the recent news. So much work for 1, two hundred people maybe?

5) There is too much space between zones and regions for any kind of fortresses and etc. Even if you were to crunch up the planet, the citizes are probably the size of 1-3 supercarriers.

Just my input.

Well I must say good points, but I would love to see this and not sure what I could do to make this a working project, unless I can somehow gain a funding and maybe get Valve and 3000AD to joint-ops this as a game in itself. Just saying it is a cool idea, but I guess it is crazy when you get those facts.

Its just that the game infastructure wasn't built to handle and support this kind of mod, and the gameplay it creates.

Its more possible to do this type of mod on AAW, but the problem still persists; need coders who would willingly do this that know how to code the game

Yeah, I know, but we can dream, right?

• 4 weeks later...

So... basically what you are saying is that this game is impossible to Mod, wich would explain the absence of any mods and partly for its utter failure on the market. It's a shame...

If i am mistaken about the mods, please refer me to some nice mods dowloads, i'd really love to enjoy playing UC, everytime i play i get this close to enjoying it and i realise i spent 4 hours preparing an assault on some installations to get pwned by a couple GTA missiles in 6 seconds.

It can't be modded. You can make custom scenarios, that's basically it.

A custom scenario? Maybe like a zombie infested base that you have to kill all the zombies before they can get to another town/base or you lose? Not sure what you are getting at, like there is no way to possibly make a zombie?

You can possibly make some models for the zombies and alter their behavior and minor stuff like that, but you really can't mod the game unless you have tremendous effort put towards the project.,,

And you'll need those GBS tools to create those scenarios >.>

You can possibly make some models for the zombies and alter their behavior and minor stuff like that, but you really can't mod the game unless you have tremendous effort put towards the project.,,

So what you are saying is it could be a possibility.

So what you are saying is it could be a possibility.

If you want to make a custom scenario, not a mod.

You can't add new models into the game as they're not in a regular format and I bet only Derek has the tools for converting from common 3d formats. You can however alter the textures of existing objects as they're in plain TGA if I remember correctly.