Unrepairable fighter (UCCE 2.0)

RichardCranium

Well, two of them, actually.

Both are X22 Aurora fighters; one has a comm unit at 11% and the other has a navigation unit that is at 84%. I've docked in many stations (I'm TER/MIL) and started repairs on the two. The "repairs" take a game minute to do but the units remain at 11% and 84% (the fighter's aggregate readiness levels are at 98% and 99%, if I remember correctly). I get continuous messages about losing communications with one of my fighters when I send them out, so I'm pretty sure that the game really believes those units are at those repair levels.

I'm about ready to park my CC, jump into one of the two, fly it to a planet, blow the damned thing up, and just buy a replacement. That's rather expensive, but I haven't found any X22 Auroras parked where I can just steal one.

Any better ideas out there?

So are you saying i should fly straight at a group of hostiles without a shield?

Because my main life support is at 57% right now, and it has been for the last couple of days. NOt to mention everything on deck 1 is always under constant repair when its already at 100%, especially bridgeviewer and the bridge . I've also been having those same issues with my fighters time to time.

Although i can afford to destroy and replace them :|

...or you could just launch it, give it the halt command, then damage it some more so that it is damaged beyond that threshold.

The comms unit in one fighter is displayed in red (11%) and I can't replace it either. I'll see if I can break it a little more so the system engineers can figure out what to do with it. Sometimes the system engineers have troubles with complicated modern devices, such as doorknobs.

...or you could just launch it, give it the halt command, then damage it some more so that it is damaged beyond that threshold.

The comms unit in one fighter is displayed in red (11%) and I can't replace it either. I'll see if I can break it a little more so the system engineers can figure out what to do with it. Sometimes the system engineers have troubles with complicated modern devices, such as doorknobs.

Well, I had some convenient enemy types damage that fighter even more. The communications module is now at 5% and I can neither replace nor repair it.

Well, I had some convenient enemy types damage that fighter even more. The communications module is now at 5% and I can neither replace nor repair it.

Obviously that module is not critical to the operation of the craft. That is how the AI determines efficiciency.

Guys, this algorithm hasn't changed since the first game in 2004. It's not brain surgery. And if you search the forums, you will see numerous discussions pertaining to how the system determines when something needs to be replaced, repaired or let alone.

Try saving your game, the load up the game with cheats. Use the cheat mode that allows you to damage a craft remotely and use it against the ship. Observe the results.