Keyboard is unresponsive?

ouT-Phaze

Did you use your mouse to click in the input fields before you typed?

You say you are running Windows 7 64-bit. Just a FYI, take a look at this thread.

-Sho

Yes I did. It doesn't seem to matter where I click, it seems to do absolutely nothing, I can't type, all I can do is change the options.

And I already know that the game isn't supported for Vista and Windows 7, but it seems that most people aren't having many issues other than crashing, which is an issue I'm not having at all.

um

Try running it in compatibility mode. If that doesn't work, then i'm not sure. You can try re-puggling your keyboard when you're in that screen. If you haven't restarted your computer at all, then do that.

Which version of which game are you running? Newer ones tend to be more stable and full less of bugs...

um

Try running it in compatibility mode. If that doesn't work, then i'm not sure. You can try re-puggling your keyboard when you're in that screen. If you haven't restarted your computer at all, then do that.

Which version of which game are you running? Newer ones tend to be more stable and full less of bugs...

I'm trying the free releases of them. Universal Combat Free Singleplayer 2.0.31 and Battlecruiser Millenium 10903

Oh, wildlife, that's quite an old version of UC :D

Well obviously this is not an AA issue.

There's a newer version than the free released singleplayer?

The latest patches I see on 3000AD's site don't list higher than this version D:

What's the latest version? I'm half-tempted to just buy the newest version if I have to and install it on an XP virtual machine if the newest release doesn't work on Win7 for me, but I'm not sure if that will help my issue. Does the fact that my keyboard is USB and not PS/2 have any hold on the issue? I know some older games have issues with USB peripherals (though I guess my mouse wouldn't work either, wouldn't it?)

Oh, wildlife, that's quite an old version of UC :D

Well obviously this is not an AA issue.

There's a newer version than the free released singleplayer?

The latest patches I see on 3000AD's site don't list higher than this version D:

What's the latest version? I'm half-tempted to just buy the newest version if I have to and install it on an XP virtual machine if the newest release doesn't work on Win7 for me, but I'm not sure if that will help my issue. Does the fact that my keyboard is USB and not PS/2 have any hold on the issue? I know some older games have issues with USB peripherals (though I guess my mouse wouldn't work either, wouldn't it?)

Oh man you don't know what your missing out.

There are two latest versions of UC.

UCCE 1.14 and 1.2

1.14 is new and fixes most bugs.

1.20 is the newest and it features entirely new graphics. Not recommended if your graphics card sucks. This is a standalone upgrade. If you want to go to/back to the 1.14 patch, you will need to reinstall the entire game all over again and then patch it to 1.14.

Both have much more versatility than the free version.

I bet my post was a bit misleading, IIRC the free version of UC is the latest version but not the latest installment in the series. The latest installment is UC:CE, as canshow pointed out. Before that were UC:AWA and UC:SE, which all feature a reworked graphics engine, but don't have the wildlife you can find in UC. Anyway, this is irrelevant to the topic. I'll try to think some more about what's causing you trouble with your input.

Btw, did you check if maybe that would be a display issue only? As in, type in some junk (you're in the AE's name field), press enter, type in some more junk (you're now in the asset name field), then try to start the game? The game will refuse to start if the character name is empty (doesn't care about the craft's name, if it's empty it defaults to "NONE").

I moved this topic out of the tech support forum because it is a very old and unsupported title.

Issues related to text not appearing in that version of the game, are related to AA issues. You need to turn that off in your video driver's control panel because no such settings exist for this early version of the game because we did not implement AA in that graphics engine.

Anyway, try running it in compatibility mode and see if it works, but basically this is a 2004 game and no guaranteed to work on Win7.

If you want to run this game series in Win7, then you should consider buying either Universal Combat CE or Universal Combat CE v2.0

I moved this topic out of the tech support forum because it is a very old and unsupported title.

Issues related to text not appearing in that version of the game, are related to AA issues. You need to turn that off in your video driver's control panel because no such settings exist for this early version of the game because we did not implement AA in that graphics engine.

Anyway, try running it in compatibility mode and see if it works, but basically this is a 2004 game and no guaranteed to work on Win7.

If you want to run this game series in Win7, then you should consider buying either Universal Combat CE or Universal Combat CE v2.0

Weird, because I haven't had AA on at all. I never force it through my driver, because that doesn't work very waell in many of the games I play.

As I said, I'll definitely be picking up a copy, just been waiting til payday on Friday (which leads directly to my first weekend off of work in a while :D So many hours will be spent in UC )