Line Of Defense Announced!

Supreme Cmdr

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointed to see it really is Windows Vista/7 only. Is there any plan on ever making it compatible with DX9?

Sorry, but no.

Oh well, guess I'll be forgetting this game then.

Yah, you do that.

Hmm. I guess that I'll be forgettting it too for a while.

*raises hands*

No need to go on a rant; XP is doing the Cheyne-Stokes and I get that. I spend 99% of my time at home booted into Linux and I know that you aren't going to support *that* anytime soon (if ever). But for me, that's an additional $80 (or thereabouts) for me to play a new game.

And I'll have to jump through flaming Microsoft hoops to be able to play the games that I've already got after I do the upgrade from XP to Windows 7 because Microsoft didn't think it was worth the effort to support that direct upgrade path, despite the fact that nobody in their right effing mind used Vista in the first place.

Oh well. I might upgrade to 7 when 9 comes out or so. Or I feel like spending $80 plus the couple of hours that it'll take to reinstall everything.

Despite my whining, you are making the correct business decision. I can still visit the site and see what you're up to. Maybe that'll make it worth the upgrade cost(s).

It has nothing to do with being a business decision. Windows XP is a legacy OS and like most devs moving forward, we're just not going to support it because it requires us to maintain legacy code which we are simply not going to do. Since XP, we have had Vista and 7. Now Windows8 is on the way. That is almost three generations back. For that, we might as well have supported Win 3.1 back when we were developing on Windows XP.

• 1 month later...

No - but since we're not accepting everybody - only a small amount - it helps. You regular guys who've been around forever (almost) are not subject to that of course, since you will all be accepted when the time comes.

This is looking very impressive SC.

It's like BC3000, compressed with a reverse lossy algorithm, and given a massive-modicum of new age focus and purpose; yet still will butter the bread of the 1st fleeters.

The maturity of this new production is entirely Unreal, yet, entirely proprietary :-)

Live long and prosper.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...