Naval Units: Does This Include Submarines Too?

B5GkarNarn

Will submarines be included within the naval units?

I hope so because I'd like to see diferent types of submersible ships:

1) small 1-2 players mini-subs that have torpedoes and can move very quickly,

2) medium-sized subs with 4-8 players that move a bit slower than mini-subs but have more firepower.

I'd also like to see a small mini-sub that can fly in the air & also go underwater too.

• 1 month later...

There may be one or two sub types in the game, since they are standard vehicles able to move in water. Since one of the regions is comprised mostly of water, this would work great.

I think I'll say this now before any other hard-core sub-sim players do, how much indepth are you going to go with the subs there Derek? I'm thinking along the lines of stuff like Silent Hunter and such (only, naturally, more futuristic)

I doubt it Kal, probably they will be treated as any other vehicle/craft in the game with transport capabilities and maybe some weapon systems.

There may be one or two sub types in the game, since they are standard vehicles able to move in water. Since one of the regions is comprised mostly of water, this would work great.

I think I'll say this now before any other hard-core sub-sim players do, how much indepth are you going to go with the subs there Derek? I'm thinking along the lines of stuff like Silent Hunter and such (only, naturally, more futuristic)

No such thing. The two sub classes are un-armed and behave just like regular vehicles, but in water. One is a single seater, the other is a two seater.

LOD is not a hardcore game by any stretch of the imagination. On a scale of 1 to 10 on the hardcore scale, where the Battlecruiser/Universal Combat games are 10 and the All Aspects games are a 5, LOD is like a 2.

Sounds like fun! and guess i'm going casual in this game playing once per day or something after BF3!

Sounds like fun! and guess i'm going casual in this game playing once per day or something after BF3!

While I'm sure that BF3 will be awesome, it is just the same old stale fps gameplay seen in games of its type. LOD is a major departure from that sort of gameplay as you will see.

While I'm sure that BF3 will be awesome, it is just the same old stale fps gameplay seen in games of its type. LOD is a major departure from that sort of gameplay as you will see.

Yeah of course! I know that, but BF series grown up with me since kid and i love to play them and Frost Bite 2.0 Engine is wonderful it has some awesome graphics aspects and textures, just waiting to see how is the network

back on topic

What i meant is that i predict this game will come out near BF3 so that's why i said i would play a bit casual, after a day of playing FPS i sit back and relax playing Third Person Shooter games like Line of Defense, Global Agenda and etc... or il just make some modding :)

If everything goes well BF3 will be around that time, but il give it piority to L.O.D if is nesseþary like a Beta test or Last minute demo testing

Are large naval battles something that can happen in LOD or are the Naval vehicles in the game going to be mostly used for transportation?

I don't envision any large naval battles. The two naval units in the game are just transportation and for sneaking around. When you use the base that has them, you will understand more.