Game sounds great - couple of questions.

Foibles

I really like the feature list of this game, sounds like combat will be a lot of fun and the screenshots so far look good.

Couple of points for discussion/questions:

Are there any plans for integrated voice chat? A team based fps like this really requires voice chat imho, especially in the middle of combat. It is of course possible to use an external voice program but integrated would be much easier to manage. IÆm curious what other people think about this.

As IÆm not in the U.S. or EU, (IÆm in Australia), I often have a problem with twitch type games when playing, as I must, with a solid 200-300ms ping. The problem is usually with aiming and hit boxes being out of sync which usually makes pvp practically impossible and at best frustrating. I have seen some regular fps games that seem to deal with this quite well though the mmofpsÆ I have tried failed miserably (1 very recent release in particular). I was wondering if there is anything done in LOD to deal with this sort of problem (if indeed anything can be done). Tbh IÆm hopeful the continent/world design, if I understand it correctly, will help with this. Do any others have this sort of problem with mmofps games?

(Finally) last question ûas thereÆs no resources/crafting, are there other advantages/motivations planned, beyond earning cep, to keep players taking/retaking bases?

Look forward to seeing more info on this game as it comes.

• 1 month later...

The game will have integrated voice chat out of the box.

Since we are using cloud servers, we expect to have servers in various territories in order to ensure that the user experience is the best there is.

Apart from CEP, there are lots of perks that go towards capturing bases, assisting others etc. All will be revealed soon. :)

In fact, there is minimal resource gathering because a specific type of mineral resource needs to be collected and deposited at the nuclear reactor in order to keep it going. If the reactor shuts down, then it's lights out e.g. the Early Warning Radar, Area Defense Shield and other critical base assets cease to operate, you can't create assets (vehicles, aircrafts, weapons etc). So in between perching atop a hill and taking someone's head off at 1500 yards, you can collect resources to help your base.

The game will have integrated voice chat out of the box.

Since we are using cloud servers, we expect to have servers in various territories in order to ensure that the user experience is the best there is.

Apart from CEP, there are lots of perks that go towards capturing bases, assisting others etc. All will be revealed soon. :)

In fact, there is minimal resource gathering because a specific type of mineral resource needs to be collected and deposited at the nuclear reactor in order to keep it going. If the reactor shuts down, then it's lights out e.g. the Early Warning Radar, Area Defense Shield and other critical base assets cease to operate, you can't create assets (vehicles, aircrafts, weapons etc). So in between perching atop a hill and taking someone's head off at 1500 yards, you can collect resources to help your base.

I must say that i've been following this game since it's announcement but only now finnaly made it to register after seeing the facebook screenshot! The game sounds very balanced, i hope we can see different gamemodes with more fun then the current copy cats one like Domination capture the flag.... etc.... like more of a mission of seeking and destroy where our team needs to locate certain parts of the building or part of the map that then to be destroyed while the other team is defending! in the meanwhile we can have acess to secondary missions that if completed would grant the team bonus ammo armor and etc...

Really looking forward to any kind of testing i would be able to test it 48 hours for week!

My question is at which stage are you guys at

Pre Alpha? Pre Beta? Alpha? Beta?

And when is possible to pre order!?