[UCCE] Anti-Aliasing Off, Yet Menu Still 'Broken'

I bought UCCE off Direct2Drive a little earlier, and I've tweaked everything about the way I want it. The only issue that remains is I cannot create a profile. I've turnned off FSAA from the Config menu (the menus seem to be static yet still function. I can change things and reenter the menu and they'll be changed) to the ucce.cfg file in the install folder. I've even tried all the possible levels of AA. I went in and forced off AA in the nVidia control panel, but that doesn't seem to have done the trick either. Is there any way I can get around this (a profile created in notepad perhaps?) or am I quite screwed?

Relevant system info:

Windows 7 64-bit

nVidia GeForce 430 (1GB VRAM)

4GB RAM

It's probably just my graphics card being a bit over-the-top for it, sadly. Still any help would be appreciated.

I bought UCCE off Direct2Drive a little earlier, and I've tweaked everything about the way I want it. The only issue that remains is I cannot create a profile. I've turnned off FSAA from the Config menu (the menus seem to be static yet still function. I can change things and reenter the menu and they'll be changed) to the ucce.cfg file in the install folder. I've even tried all the possible levels of AA. I went in and forced off AA in the nVidia control panel, but that doesn't seem to have done the trick either. Is there any way I can get around this (a profile created in notepad perhaps?) or am I quite screwed?

Relevant system info:

Windows 7 64-bit

nVidia GeForce 430 (1GB VRAM)

4GB RAM

It's probably just my graphics card being a bit over-the-top for it, sadly. Still any help would be appreciated.

Is this UCCE 2.0?

I added both a special setup for the UCCE.exe and the 3D Settings for Anti-Aliasing - OFF. Both done through the nVidia panel that you arrive at by a solid right-click to the desktop.

Soundcard is a recent as I can find (not very, considering it's somewhat older, but newer than the majority of the series).Video drivers cite as 266.58 for nVidia. DirectX was updated two weeks ago (less a day or two) when installing Shift 2.

Anything else should be up date to or I'm a monkies uncle and don't know the first thing about computers, as I just reformatted a solid month ago.

I seem to be left with few options/possibilities. Hmm.

Have you checked out this? From what you posted, it sounds like you are changing the AA setting in the UCCE config menu and your card's control panel which you shouldn't do. This may not be your root cause, but it's something else that will be causing you problems.

-Sho

I did, but only at a brief skim. I don't know how that works, why it matters or what the hell is going on (being that I simply had AA disabled on everything), but it seems to be working. Read Tech Support more closely, for you look like a fool, wise man say.

Cheers for the prompt help, all.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...