Thinking of getting UCCE

Merker

Hello everyone, I'm new here on the forums, but I've followed the BC series throughout the ages since BC3000AD. Boy, did I have fun with that game, buggy as it was. Then moved up to BCMillenium Gold and had a blast, especially in the campaign(honestly, I love these ACM scenarios, except the UC one, just one mission, I like diversity in campaigns) and a few years back, UC, which was a blast in roam mode. Now I've seen the free UC and decided to come back to the series, seeing the many AI improvements from original uc 2.00.30(it does handle a lot better in the free version, or so it seems to me).

Anyway, I looked at UCCE and found it really appealing, so I've come to ask a couple of questions before making by purchase.

1) I see there are two versions, the 2nd with no multiplayer but vastly improved graphics. However, I did find in one of the posts here a link to this:

http://games.on.net/file/26518/Universal_C...l_River_version

This is apparently the 2.0 version of UCCE. So if I buy the version with MP, then upgrade to this version, I will have all the advantages of UCCE 2.0 +MP? No more patches needed from the site(I see none for UCCE 2.0)?

2) I have read around the forum that in UCCE you can assign waypoints to marine teams and such? Is this feature from BC3000AD back?(I remember you could assign waypoints to the crews of every vehicle, including transporter team, and I really loved that feature, was sad when I noticed it was removed).

3) I've also read marine AI is vastly improved and they do move around and do exactly as you tell them.(In UC I have to give each one constant orders so they actually complete their mission, I have managed however to take out a whole base with a team of 10 marines by constantly giving them targets and move orders with tacops). Any thoughts on this?

4) Have the carrier and cruiser stats changed much? Like carriers with 8+ fighters starting with the light ones and moving to Engstrom(I think that's the name for the bonus one, right? has like 16 or so fighters...).

5) What's the best way to get the game? Straight from the site? Or D2D? I don't suppose I get the box shipped if I order it online...I don't do shopping online usually but I can't find the game anywhere here in Romania.

6) Are there any other major issues left with this final game? Ex: bugged ship or planet or function or something similar?

Cheers

Thanks in advance

1) I see there are two versions, the 2nd with no multiplayer but vastly improved graphics. However, I did find in one of the posts here a link to this:

http://games.on.net/...l_River_version

This is apparently the 2.0 version of UCCE. So if I buy the version with MP, then upgrade to this version, I will have all the advantages of UCCE 2.0 +MP? No more patches needed from the site(I see none for UCCE 2.0)?

No. There is no MP upgrade path to 2.0. That version simply does not have MP at all. The link you pointed out is an upgrade from UCCE to UCCE 2.0.

2) I have read around the forum that in UCCE you can assign waypoints to marine teams and such? Is this feature from BC3000AD back?(I remember you could assign waypoints to the crews of every vehicle, including transporter team, and I really loved that feature, was sad when I noticed it was removed).

In UCCE you can set waypoints for all units.

3) I've also read marine AI is vastly improved and they do move around and do exactly as you tell them.(In UC I have to give each one constant orders so they actually complete their mission, I have managed however to take out a whole base with a team of 10 marines by constantly giving them targets and move orders with tacops). Any thoughts on this?

I don't see a question there.

4) Have the carrier and cruiser stats changed much? Like carriers with 8+ fighters starting with the light ones and moving to Engstrom(I think that's the name for the bonus one, right? has like 16 or so fighters...).

Yes

5) What's the best way to get the game? Straight from the site? Or D2D? I don't suppose I get the box shipped if I order it online...I don't do shopping online usually but I can't find the game anywhere here in Romania.

Digital River or Direct2Drive

6) Are there any other major issues left with this final game? Ex: bugged ship or planet or function or something similar?

Since the game is no longer supported, whatever issues (we don't know of any) are lurking won't be fixed.

Thanks for the fast reply, I guess I'll get 1.0 then upgrade with the update I found. I suppose it will work, right?

Just one last question, by buying it I only get the digital version, right, no more collectors edition box with all the bonus stuff?(I know I can get the other free games from the site, but the rest of the contents and the DVD I was curious about)

By the way, this series of games is one of the best in my book. Great work, hope Galcom online works out.

Cheers

Thanks for the fast reply, I guess I'll get 1.0 then upgrade with the update I found. I suppose it will work, right?

Just one last question, by buying it I only get the digital version, right, no more collectors edition box with all the bonus stuff?(I know I can get the other free games from the site, but the rest of the contents and the DVD I was curious about)

By the way, this series of games is one of the best in my book. Great work, hope Galcom online works out.

Cheers

We no longer have the boxed Universal Combat Collectors Edition version for sale, but you can probably find it on eBay or Amazon.

Be very careful when doing that 1.0 to 2.0 update because some people don't pay attention and a lot of things go wrong. Plus, it will only work with the 1.01.04 patch.

Plus, that free update that you found will only work with the Digital River v1.00.0.5

So you have to purchase the DR 1.00.05 version and install it, then apply the 1.01.04 patch, then apply the 1.0x to 2.0 patch. Good luck.

If you have issues with the license key, read this KB Article #19

My advice is that if you don't need multiplayer (you'd have to find someone to play it with, for starters), you are better off just getting the full v2.0 version.

Cheers

We no longer have the boxed Universal Combat Collectors Edition version for sale, but you can probably find it on eBay or Amazon.

Be very careful when doing that 1.0 to 2.0 update because some people don't pay attention and a lot of things go wrong. Plus, it will only work with the 1.01.04 patch.

Plus, that free update that you found will only work with the Digital River v1.00.0.5

So you have to purchase the DR 1.00.05 version and install it, then apply the 1.01.04 patch, then apply the 1.0x to 2.0 patch. Good luck.

If you have issues with the license key, read this KB Article #19

My advice is that if you don't need multiplayer (you'd have to find someone to play it with, for starters), you are better off just getting the full v2.0 version.

Thanks a lot for all the advice and information. I have decided to eventually get 2.0 directly, MP is mostly dead anyway, as everyone put it, and I'm really more interested in the campaigns and solo play for the game. Plus too much hassle with D2D.

Will be getting it soon enough, then probably I'll flood the forums with questions and praise.

Cheers

Will be getting it soon enough, then probably I'll flood the forums with questions and praise.

Before you flood the forum with question, please try using the search feature on the forum. You might find that most (if not all) of your questions will probably have been answered at one point or another.

Praise is always welcome! :)

-Sho

Before you flood the forum with question, please try using the search feature on the forum. You might find that most (if not all) of your questions will probably have been answered at one point or another.

Praise is always welcome! :)

-Sho

Or ask via PM.

It feels nice to be needed once in a while.. :)