Planetside2

I rarely find reveals revealing much anyway (Except you, when you reveal, you reveal)

Still, I played PS1 for quite a number of years and enjoyed it a lot. So I'm hoping SoE does as good as a job as they did on the first one. (My only gripe, are the mechs.. those ruined the first one -_-)

• 1 year later...

Personally, after playing it from Beta and after Launch, it feels more like Call of Duty: Planetside 2. The class based system SOE put in completely rewrote all the good things Planetside 1 had going for it. Some of the weapons for both the New Conglomerate and Terran Republic can one shot anyone not in a MAX suit or using the Heavy Assault class.

It is somewhat worsened to some extent that there were Aimbots in existence both in Beta, and now after Launch. I guess the only thing SOE has going for them, is there are more GM's and CSR's watching the playerbase than there were during the last 3-4 years of Planetside 1.

Some of the stranger things is it is extremely easy to grief and teamkill people, both accidentally and on purpose in the Sanctuary under the Shield Dome, as well as Friendly Infantry running in front of moving vehicles, then getting pissed off when the Vehicle does not give them the right of way. Or Air Vehicles being able to flip Ground vehicles over just by running into them. Or if you roll a ground vehicle, it auto-explodes on you.

I've been playing it since beta with 5 IRL friends of mine, and I have to say it's a real blast. Lots of people complain that it's not enough Planetside and a bit too much Battlefield on a grand scale.

Well, tbh, my friends and I have always loved playing Battlefield as a team, so we're glad we can now play Battlefield on a map several kilometers wide :D

I'll probably pour some cash in it when I have enough spare time to enjoy it.

• 4 weeks later...