Dead players shouldn't drop items.

Zengon

I read about the proposed death penalty. But i don't really like it when dead players drop items, because they may most likely not get it back, and it would be frustrating if you lost a hard earned item, such as an expensive or difficult to obtain item.

I think it should be changed, so dead players won't lose any items. It be less frustrating that way.

I read about the proposed death penalty. But i don't really like it when dead players drop items, because they may most likely not get it back, and it would be frustrating if you lost a hard earned item, such as an expensive or difficult to obtain item.

I think it should be changed, so dead players won't lose any items. It be less frustrating that way.

A good thing about the death penalty is that it will motivate you to be careful not to die in the first place. If a player runs around doing rash things and dies, then he has no one to blame but himself.

-Sho

It will not be changed. The gameplay has serious consequences.

If you die, you lose whatever it is you are carrying. When you re-spawn, you have to go get new gear. If you already have inventory storage, just pull it up and get something from your stash.

So, don't go running around with a backpack full of ammo and such because if you die, you lose everything - but only if someone is around to grab it. Your stuff will persist in the game world for a period of time so you can go back and get it when you re-spawn.

• 4 weeks later...
then you disconnect and get killed. all stuff gone. doesn't even have to be your fault :P

Disconnecting is not the same as dying.

Also, since the game is client-server based, you can't rage quit either just because you're about to die from a well place shot. The server knows if you were hit or not and whether or not you should die. So even if you rage quit/disconnect, you still die.