Line of Defense Member Recruitment

EmyLights

It feels like everyone I have talked to that doesn't know about the seemingly checkered history of 3000AD games has liked the idea of what Line of Defense is offering in terms of large-scale battles and bases.

In thinking about it, I personally don't feel like there are going to be a flood of Fresh Meat for the..., Oh, I mean New Recruits to play with before Open Beta rolls around.

I am hoping though, that we get a large number of New Recruits for our respective Fleets, and in that same breath, a wide variety of play-styles for both factions.

I mean, it really depends.

If the game plays like shit, people aren't going to want to play it.

If it plays great, then there will be no problem with recruitment. And if there aren't enough people, Derek can always grab Sony by the balls and steal people from their shitty Planetside 2 game, or just spam advertisements everywhere.

But yeah, I don't know what to expect. I just hope that the game is stable when it is launched into beta. Nothing worse than a game that crashes all the time or has an abundance of game mechanic bugs.

It feels like everyone I have talked to that doesn't know about the seemingly checkered history of 3000AD games has liked the idea of what Line of Defense is offering in terms of large-scale battles and bases.

Excuse me. What checkered history would that be exactly?

Should probably have rephrased that.

I personally don't believe 3000AD has a checkered history.

Some of or most of the other folks I play other games with believe there to be a checkered history of 3000AD games.

From what I got from them about "Checkered History", it was something about some sort of trying to figure out how to move around between game windows, and other things I don't remember off the top of my head.

As in, they tried it and thought they were too "something". Too hard to get into, too this, too that. Too difficult to figure out how things worked, or too lazy to try to find help themselves.

All I know, is I mentioned Line of Defense, being developed by 3000AD, got a short pause from them, mentioned Supreme Commander's name, and got something like, "That game is probably going to be crap".

I don't doubt that my tastes in games are my own, just that those others who have not enjoyed games that are difficult, without a Manual/ Handholding/ Player's Guide, will be missing out on what I believe Line of Defense is going to offer.