Maintenance Update Coming Soon

Supreme Cmdr

Now that the demo is out, we're working on a maintenance update to fix some issues (e.g. gesture system on some devices), rework some things (e.g. PC hot keys etc) etc. If there is anything that you'd like to see address or which you have experienced, please post it here for review and further discussion.

Sorry for the late reply BOSS, from my experience the only two things I notice as a PC user are about controls.

The first one is the pointer precision that sometimes hampers a bit the ability to place soldiers well in cover especially if you need to place them close to each other.

The second one is a more general one about control as there are multiple ways to issue orders and select soldiers in the game, by clicking on the portrait or on the soldier itself but no way to select more than one at a time. You can only order all to move to a location but there is no way you can order the same thing to 2 soldiers only. Splitting fire teams is a useful thing and doing it with half the cliks in a tight situation can be a life saver (especially when your heavy has a rocket launcher).

It may be better to have a single way to access a certain path of orders so that a little misplaced click don't makes you have to cancel and re-do again.

Now that I think of it, firing solutions for the heavy with a missile launcher or grenade launcher are a bit harmful when in cover as he often hit crates or other objects in front of him or near other team members; he need a lot of micro managing that may be avoided if tolerances were lessened.

Just my two cents.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply BOSS, from my experience the only two things I notice as a PC user are about controls.

The first one is the pointer precision that sometimes hampers a bit the ability to place soldiers well in cover especially if you need to place them close to each other.

The second one is a more general one about control as there are multiple ways to issue orders and select soldiers in the game, by clicking on the portrait or on the soldier itself but no way to select more than one at a time. You can only order all to move to a location but there is no way you can order the same thing to 2 soldiers only. Splitting fire teams is a useful thing and doing it with half the cliks in a tight situation can be a life saver (especially when your heavy has a rocket launcher).

It may be better to have a single way to access a certain path of orders so that a little misplaced click don't makes you have to cancel and re-do again.

Now that I think of it, firing solutions for the heavy with a missile launcher or grenade launcher are a bit harmful when in cover as he often hit crates or other objects in front of him or near other team members; he need a lot of micro managing that may be avoided if tolerances were lessened.

Just my two cents.

You can select more than one unit at a time by holding down the CTRL key. Its in the docs as well in the online manual

Might as well just mised that BOSS, but the new control interface sound better and more intuitive for PC users like me.

Good job.

• 1 month later...

The v1.02 update has been released on Steam today. Changes include:

Updated game database to reflect new asset (aircrafts etc) images on lodmmo.com

Revised some game controls and added new ones (WIN/OSX)

>LEFT MOUSE BUTTON select unit. Press and drag L/R to move camera

>MIDDLE MOUSE BUTTON rotate camera. Press and drag L/R to rotate camera

>RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON display Target Command Menu

>SPACEBAR pause game

>M fire missiles (space missions)

>G fire dual cannons (space missions)

Removed radial menu on drag hold. See controls revisions above.

Updated several Unity3D plugins

Reduced unit selection sensitivity (WIN)

Completely overhauled the touch gestures system. Replaced with new one which works way better (IOS/Android)

Added sensitivity slider for camera pan sensitivity to options menu

Added pause icon when game is paused

Added new icon to options UI

Moved the current game build to the main menu (WIN/OSX)

Added AppStore restrictions for unsupported (e.g. Galaxy Note 2) devices (Android)

Removed camera permissions requirement (Android)

FIXED: Removed Facebook reference from help menu

FIXED: The mission start screen was showing the BACK button

FIXED: Could still click-through some background menus

FIXED: The Unity3D joystick & controller options could still be selected though unsupported (WIN/OSX)

FIXED: Some minor tweaks and fixes

FIXED: Some navigation issues related to the main menu

FIXED: Some minor tweaks and fixes (e.g. related to pinch & twist gestures on mobile devices)