Multiplayer

Kurt

Is the only multiplayer version currently available UCCE 1? Does this mean I need to buy that and 1.0 to get the multiplayer and latest patch?

Do any of the later titles have the old BC3000AD experience in multiplayer? I am looking for what will give me the most up-to-date multiplayer-enabled Battlecruiser commanding experience that is currently available. I find the number of releases and versions very confusing.

UCCE 1.14 (the last patch before the 2.0 standalone) is the one with the Multiplayer support, so to answer your first question, yes.

However, multiplayer is dead for the UC games. There used to be occasional sessions a couple of years ago but we stopped doing those due to lack of interest. It isn't anything special anyways, single player campaigns/roam are far superior. The only 2 reasons to purchase 1.14 are for functional ODS systems and for multiplayer support--which is pretty much useless now-- so I would not bother. Sad but true. I can't think off the top of my head any games that would give you a 'battlecruiser' type MP experience. Galactic Command Online is in the works and is planned to be put out around 2017 for testing (knowing industry, probably 2018 or later), pretty much what you might be looking for.

I would link you to the Galactic Command Online website, but it seems the old one got ditched and its FAQ or any relevant information was not transferred to the new website. So here's the thread instead, but it's less informative. http://www.3000ad.com/forum/topic/50026900-and-so-it-begins/. SC is also considering doing a remake of the battlecruiser game http://www.3000ad.com/forum/topic/50027480-battlecruiser-3000ad-remake-worth-doing/ so go post there if you want to support it (I mean, we all do :) )

(DING DING DING! ATTENTION SUPREME COMMANDER DEREK SMART- Get your intern to update the GCO site, you can grab your own cappuccino!)