Sci Phi Journal

Ben Zwycky

The editor of the journal suggested we take pictures of ourselves holding the latest issue of the journal. I did this instead (apologies for the poor image and sound quality):

• 4 weeks later...

Issue 8 is now on sale, and will be the last issue in the current format (the magazine is switching to a different subscriber-based business strategy, with more of the content freely available on the web)

The editor of the journal suggested we take pictures of ourselves holding the latest issue of the journal. I did this instead (apologies for the poor image and sound quality):

Far more talented than me. :)

• 2 months later...

The magazine is switching to a different business strategy now, and the first story under the new format should be released today:

In other news, the story I had serialized in the magazine is going to be released as a standalone book this week, I'll post here when it goes live. Its cover art looks like this (the board won't let me upload the image, even when I reduce it to 224kb:

https://benzwycky.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/beyond-the-mist-3rd-amendment_no-border.jpg

(I hope some of you have heard of the guy doing the foreword, I'm really excited about that part)

The paperback should be ready today or tomorrow, and a lot of people have been saying very nice things about the book over at John C. Wright's blog.

In other news, I'm going to be involved in a roundtable discussion tonight at 11pm GMT with Milo Yiannopolis, John C. Wright and some other writers. The subject is the influence of Social Justice Warriors on writing today, this year's Sad Puppies campaign and other related (or random) topics. There's a chance my book might be briefly discussed as well. It'll be streamed on youtube, so people can listen in live or later if they want.

http://superversivesf.com/2016/01/08/superversive-sf-livestream-sjws-in-sf-with-milo/

• 2 months later...

For those interested, Sci Phi Journal has been nominated for best semi prozine on two different recommendation lists (and another site I'm involved with, superversivesf.com, has been nominated for best fanzine), here and here. Various people from both groups have been nominated in a number of other categories (best novel, best fancast, best new writer, best short form editor). Somebody wanted to nominate Beyond the Mist for best novel this year, but it was published 4 days too late, so is only eligible for next year.

• 3 months later...