Just a quick 'howdy' and some thoughts and questions

Mitovo

Hello everyone,

First, forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this kind of stuff, but I saw the section here, and thought it'd be a good place to pop in and share some thoughts of LoD so far, of course considering it's in development, etc.

First, I'm digging the overall look of the game. I've chatted a bit  back and forth with Derek about this on FB, as well. Each time I log in, I get to see something a bit different from the last time - specifically the different lighting throughout the day/night.  It doesn't seem there's a lot to be done for now, until more stuff is added (ships, etc) and/or more people start popping in, which I imagine will happen as it gets nearer to full release.

As far as "Tech Support" type things...The connection is still a bit hit-or-miss at times. Sometimes I can log right into whatever area I choose. Other times I can't. I'm not sure why that is; if it's an internet thing, or due to some work being done on the game servers, etc. I just keep poking at it 'til it lets me in :p.

I'm also noticing a bit of a hiccup in-game when running around, specifically on a planet-surface. It seems that every 2 or 3 seconds, there's  a "hiccup", and it pauses for a fraction of a second. This is very new, within the last day or so, as it wasn't like that before just recently. I thought it might have been because I was recording some footage, but it happens even if I'm not recording. Has something changed that might be causing that?

Also, I'm noticing that when I'm jumping into an area from a station, where I'm double-clicking on the map doesn't seem to be reflected in where I land. I posted a video on YT (and shared on FB), where I click on one spot, but seem to land some distance away. Is this intended, or is it something still to be addressed?

In any case, it's cool to be able to kinda get a peek behind the curtains, and see things in development, and improving over time.

I am curious if there's anything in particular the developers would like to have tested? Are there certain areas, items, or what not, that you'd like some direct player-data or feedback for? I'd be happy to do whatever, if it helps. If I'm gonna be skulking around your world-in-progress, I may as well make myself useful.

Anyway, enough rambling from me.

Look forward to seeing you all in-game!

Hi Mitovo!

There is a bunch of things I do when testing LoD.  In the scenes, I look for items that might be awry.  Such as a console floating in the air, or the building sunk to low into the ground, etc.  I also try out the different weapons to see if they work correctly and load correctly.  When a new update is available, I check out the new things to see if they are working correctly, etc.  If I find a problem, I take a screenshot (if needed) and attach it to a ticket that I log on the problem so that they can review it.

If the game does crash on you, there should be a little report dialog that opens up for you.  Make sure you fill it out on what you were doing when it happened.  They look at that too.

There isn't a whole lot to do in it right now other that that.  But as time goes on, more things will be unlocked that can be tested.

-Sho

For things like a boulder floating, etc., make sure you do the /loc in the chatbox to get to coordinates that you can add to the ticket.  That way they'll know where it is so it can be fixed.

-Sho